- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Rwanda
Jhpiego Rwanda is hiring a Procurement Officer for its USAID and DoD Programs in Rwanda. The Procurement Officer will report to the Operations Manager and will be based in Kigali.
Responsibilities will be but not limited to :
- Ensure all steps involved in the procurement process – distribution of quotation requests, collection of pro forma invoices, analysis of bids, preparation and delivery of Purchase Orders, obtaining
- Goods receiving Notes, and final submission of the complete procurement file including GSRs, LPOs, delivery note, and invoices.
- Check quality and availability of requested items and collect proforma invoice accordingly
- Prepare and compile bid documents for review by the procurement committee, and assist in setting selection criteria.
- Prepare bid analysis and together with Procurement Committee recommend the best offer as per selection criterion set in a discussion.
- Register all purchase requests and ensure they are adequately specific and complete according to Jhpiego Rwanda’s procurement policy.
- Maintain an up-to-date vendor list of classified suppliers e.g. stationery, hardware, tools, furniture, equipment, etc. and make it available upon request.
- Regularly update (bi-annually) suppliers’ price data and refer to the same in support of finance & operations, procurement analysis, decision-making & budgeting.
- Work with Finance Unit to process the settlement of all invoices received from vendors.
- Ensure a proper filing of all procurement documents.
- Ensure timeliness of shipments of equipment, goods, materials in close coordination with other divisions within Jhpiego (or others as appropriate).
- Maintain records of shipping and receiving documentation.
- Work with clearing Agencies to clear any shipments from customs or any other government body in collaboration with Jhpiego Rwanda appropriate staff.
- Keep documentation related to the procurement of duty-free/VAT-free goods and services including follow up of exemptions and other official documents.
- Overseeing Office and Stores management
- Ensure proper Jhpiego office maintenance services
- Travel within Up Country occasionally
- Coordinate national and international travel arrangements for Jhpiego Rwanda staff and partners (Fare Approval Form, ticketing, ION to be charged, etc…)
- Book hotel accommodations for Jhpiego International guests including Airport Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Book conference rooms for seminar and meetings
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor
Required Skill& Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability), detail-oriented, professionalism and consistent image. .
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
- Excellent management, supervision/mentoring and organizational skills
Education & Qualifications+ Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies Management or Procurement /Logistics or related field;
- At least five to six years of practical commensurate experience in positions of increasing responsibilities with Procurement, clearing from customs and purchasing;
- Experience with US government-funded NGO is a must;
- Computer literacy, ability to use all programs in MS Office Suite and proficiency QuickBooks are is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of procurement and administrative systems
- Language Requirement: (Fluent) Speaking/Reading English and Kinyarwanda is required
Interested potential candidates are requested to submit their application file made by:
- Motivation letter and updated CV;
- 3 Professional references with full names, phone number, and email address;
- Proof of your previous experiences;
- Copies of academic certificates.
The application file should be addressed to Jhpiego Rwanda Country Representative via HR.Rwanda@jhpiego.org and copy Laurence.Mukanyindo@jhpiego.org with Jhpiego Procurement Officer in the subject line by September 15 th , 2019 at 12:00 pm. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, a station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).