PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated, and experienced national for the role of Private Sector Development Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Rwanda THRIVE Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity. This critical position will be based in Kigali, reporting to the Chief of Party. Please note that this position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
Purpose of the position:
The Private Sector Development Advisor will be responsible for private sector engagement (PSE) and the development of entrepreneurs in the WASH sector. This will include leading the development of public-private partnerships. S/he will provide technical expertise on private sector development issues, including analysis of the evolution of the WASH private sector, the opportunities for entrepreneurs, and the role of regulation and standardization. S/he will represent the activity on public-private sector issues at technical, policy, and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors.
The major responsibilities include:
- Engage with private sector actors to stimulate innovation and investment to meet demand, while considering affordability, sustainability, and local market conditions.
- Develop and implement a sanitation marketing strategy in collaboration with District Sanitation Centers and sanitation product entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate market development across the Activity, aiming to support market actors, including the private water operators and sanitation businesses.
- Strengthen supply chains for WASH products, especially sanitation products, by linking businesses in water and sanitation supply chains to District Sanitation Centers and other key distributors.
- Coordinate business development services to increase the profitability, management efficiency, and operating scale of key stakeholders, including sanitation service providers, private water operations and management companies, and District Sanitation Centers.
- Build relationships with financial institutions to facilitate access to finance for WASH entrepreneurs and households to support WASH investments, particularly in sanitation.
- Provide technical leadership for the identification, design, formalization, and management of innovative public-private partnerships that result in inefficiencies in water system management and improved access to sanitation services.
- Engage local enterprise accelerators/incubators to design innovation challenges to overcome key barriers to oversight and management of reliable water systems.
Minimum education, training, and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Master’s Degree in business, management, economics, finance, or any related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the WASH private sector or experience providing technical assistance and capacity building to improve private sector performance in the WASH sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private and public sector stakeholders.
- Experience in working on donor-funded international development projects of similar scope, complexity, and size.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English, both written and spoken.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Previous experience in private sector engagement in Rwanda.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of barriers to entry points for the private sector in the provision of WASH services.
- Extensive experience in market systems, market-based WASH approaches, enterprise development, and acceleration.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NB: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th January, 2021.