Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ICPAR was established by law number 11 of 2008 to grow and regulate the accountancy profession in Rwanda. It is the only professional accountancy organization (PAO) mandated by law to regulate the accountancy profession in Rwanda. To drive the Institute’s growth and development and further enhance its reputation and influence in the region, ICPAR announces the following job openings: .
The principal examination officer is a key person in the Education Development Service Department and will facilitate ICPAR examination unit to achieve its critical goal of ensuring high-quality examinations for Certified Accounting Technician and/ or Certified Public Accountant qualifications.
The following are key roles of principal examiners at the Institute:
• Plan, identify, and ensure sufficient examination logistics are in place before any examination sitting;
• Set examination centers’ standards to the level acceptable by ICPAR and International Education Standards board and ensure that the available examination centers are adequate to accommodate CAT and CPA examinations;
• Establish an environment that ensures proper and efficient security and storage of examinations;
• Plan and expedite examination setting, moderation, marking, and release of results for ICPAR Qualifications;
• Liaise with universities, TVETs, and other Higher Learning institutions to promote ICPAR Qualifications;
• With support from the examination team, actively participate and lead increased enrollment of students;
• Identify any need of updating the curricula and its associated learning materials;
• Actively Participate in the development and review of Curricula and learning materials of ICPAR qualifications;
• Participate in the accreditation process of tuition providers, Universities, and TVET colleges and ensure relevant support is provided to enhance the quality of tuition;
• set exams in line with ICPAR approved syllabus and ensure the compliance of International Educational Standards (IESs) and other relevant standards that govern professional examinations;
• Work and liaise with Tuition providers and sponsors and reconcile their student numbers;
• Conduct Tracer and employer satisfaction surveys to ensure the relevance of ICPAR qualifications;
• Keep and update of the database of examiners, markers, moderators;
• Work closely with line examination manager and qualifications manager to develop a highly competent examination team that strive to achieve departmental and Institute’s mandates;
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The person specification will be used in shortlisting and interviewing to select the best candidates. Each applicant should therefore address the person specification in his/her written application letter and where appropriate you should give examples of how you meet the criteria. Please note that E is essential and D is desirable.
• Professional certificates like CPA, ACCA or any other equivalent qualification recognized by IFAC with substantial relevant experience in relatively similar work (E)
• Certified Accounting Technicians or Diploma with a significant professional experience at least five years such as training/Coaching, exam setting, marking and learning material development (E)
• Bachelor’s degree in any of Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or education or any other related academic qualifications. (D)
• Active Membership to any professional accountancy organization (D)
(E) = Essential and (D) = Desirable
• At least a minimum of two years’ experience as a lecturer, in setting and marking of examinations, curricula, and learning materials review or in the training of professional examinations.
• Experience working with advanced knowledge of the accountancy profession in Rwanda or professional accountancy organizations’ (PAOs) setting.
• Demonstrates a high level of literacy, numeracy, and analytical skills
• Knowledge of administrative processes and the ability to create procedures that improve and support the delivery of examinations.
• Knowledge in students management
• Experience working and using student and examination management system/software.
Knowledge, skills, and attitude
• Proficiency working with standard office applications including Ms. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
• Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
• Ability to deal with a large volume of the administrative system whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Flexibility and readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks and meet deadlines Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Excellent medical cover
• Our commitment to personal development and career growth
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The above-mentioned positions are senior posts requiring a strong educational underpinning, a track record of achievement in developing people, delivering change, and meeting demanding targets.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact details including daytime telephone number, to: [email protected] by Tuesday, 29th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Rwandan Nationals.
Candidates that had previously expressed interest are not required to apply again.