PrEP Advisor JD
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego is an International, Non-Profit health organization affiliated to Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments, and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems, and improving the delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective, and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Website: . .
Responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Lead the District community-based PrEP portfolio in collaboration with staff, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Ensure implementation of community-based PrEP activities adheres to the GOR and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Monitor service delivery and ensure reaching targets for PrEP initiation and continuation.
• Coordinate and organize formal training in collaboration with RBC as appropriate
• Ensure PrEP support materials/JobAIDS /M&E tools are available at sites level and well utilized
• Support sites to strengthen pre (PrEP) according to HIV National guideline
• Support sites to reinforce linkage and use adherence/persistence systems among PrEP/DREAMS Beneficiaries
• Ensure coordination between service providers and PrEP beneficiaries
• Work closely with Health Facility Data Manager and PrEP Nurse Providers to ensure high quality of the data reports and timely reporting; use data reports for programming
• Document experiences; prepare program site visits, reports, presentations, and success stories.
• Identify opportunities for the program to increase demand, efficiency, and quality of program delivery.
• Contribute to data collection, preparing of monthly, quarterly, and semi-annually report relating to PrEP interventions (i.e. PEPFAR MER and custom indicators and the provision of other key services that are part of the PrEP services package).
• Lead the capacity building of Local IPs and Health facility providers in PrEP quality service delivery, through formal training and post-training mentorship approaches.
• Monthly preparation of the scope activities, budget preparation, and control.
• Ability to travel 50% of working time
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma in Nursing, Community development, Social Sciences, Demography, public health or other relevant
• Minimum 5 years in HIV prevention, care, and treatment Programs and Knowledge of PrEP Program is strongly required
• (Fluent) speaking/reading English, French and Kinyarwanda preferred
• Familiarity with USAID or other USG regulations and compliance, reporting procedures and systems; and International NGOs as well
• Proven experience in adult learning methodologies, mentorship of health providers is required
• Additional training in PrEP, Training of trainers in HIV Care& Treatment will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and experience in the following areas: HIV testing services and linkage including index testing and HIV; PrEP; HIV prevention services; GBV response among OVC/DREAMS beneficiaries
• Counseling, M&E skills related to HIV programs strongly required
• Demonstrated a depth understanding of the Rwandan healthcare system especially experience in working with health providers RRP+ Members, community health workers, and/or peer, educators.
• Highly flexible to accept dual multiple roles and extra tasks
• Knowledge of Office 365 required
Interesting potential and qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications file made by:
• Motivation letter and updated CV
• 3 Professional references with full names, phone numbers, and email address
• Copies of related training certificates
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The application file should be addressed to Jhpiego Rwanda Country Representative via [email protected] with PrEp Advisor in the subject line by Friday, October 2nd, 2020 at 5:00 pm. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to