JOB POSTING: Portfolio Manager
Company: EarthEnable Rwanda
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda – with some time in rural villages
Compensation: RWF 500-1.5M (Gross), depending on experience and with significant performance
Contract Type: Open- ended
To Apply: Apply online at http://www.earthenable.org/applynow
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas could come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda. 75% of Rwandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 70% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are already prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished. In our first 4 years of operations, EarthEnable has installed over 60,000 square meters of flooring and employed over 100 Rwandese staff (and generated jobs and income for an additional 100 masons).
About the Role
This job is suitable for someone who is looking to gain exposure to all aspects of the financial and credit side of running a business. The candidate must be a strong communicator as they will be liaising just as regularly with senior management as they will with our staff on the ground. This candidate should have an eye for detail as they will be responsible for the information that management ultimately uses to make strategic decisions. The role requires that the candidate is already comfortable using a computer and has good Microsoft Excel skills, and they must be willing to learn as they will need to quickly adapt to using our bespoke systems. Some of the tasks you will be asked to perform are:
The responsibilities of this role will include, but not be limited to:
Coop sales / Financing through Channel partners portfolio
- Ensure HO gets a copy of coop contracts and filed correctly
- Ensure schedule on track sheet matches what is on contract
- Approve or deny any proposed changes to schedule by district teams
- Follow up with district teams if any payment installment seems to be late or the wrong amount
- Notify management of any change to PAR 30 (or PAR 60)
- report to management on portfolio status monthly
- Manage tracking of tools credit sales to Franchisee
- Track recovery, follow up any late payment collection
- Approve/deny any proposed changes to the payment schedule
- Notify if any negative change to PAR 30/60
- Report to management status of the portfolio
- High attention to detail and analytical capability
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Highly competent with MS Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks will be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication (both English and Kinyarwanda required)
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Part CPA/ACCA or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role
To Apply for this Position, Click Here.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th January, 2021.