People Operations Coordinator
KIGALI, RWANDA /
SUPPORT SERVICES – PEOPLE & PERFORMANCE /
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Background of Babyl
Babyl is Rwanda’s first full-service mobile health provider. Founded in the UK as Babylon Health to bring cutting-edge science and computer engineering to the healthcare industry, the ultimate aim of the company is to give everyone in the world access to high quality, affordable care. Through the use of artificially intelligent triage, digital doctor consultations and prescriptions through mobile devices, Babyl has delivered over 1 million consultations and registered over 2 million users since it came to Rwanda in 2016.
We are rapidly expanding regionally and globally to be the world leader in AI-driven digital medicine. At Babyl our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
The People Operations Coordinator will be responsible for managing core areas across the full employee lifecycle at babyl. This role spans onboarding, all elements of the employee lifecycle, through to company benefits, policies, performance, employee relations and HR systems administration, advisory and coordination.
This role presents a great opportunity to explore and develop an HR specialism, supporting the wider HR team, which will serve as the foundation for a natural career path.
You will adopt a customer service approach to responding to employee/line manager enquiries ensuring a fast, accurate, right-first-time solution is provided. Where possible, particularly for frequently asked questions, develop and publish revised processes or additional documentation/education to enable our customers to self-serve.
You will have strong experience across any of the disciplines such as (compensation, benefits, payroll, immigration, legal, employee relations), and a track record of working with quality HR programmes and systems/platforms.
You also have to possess strong emotional intelligence, communication and problem-solving skills. You will have a curious and creative mind, eager to learn and build on your knowledge to advise more readily, as well as being able to address matters from a business point of view.
- Provide quality and pragmatic advice to key business areas on all aspects of the employee lifecycle on HR processes at an operational level.
- Supporting Employee Relations matters across the business, ensuring that all associated administration and paperwork is accurate and legally sound.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate employee information in HR systems and personnel files, ensuring data integrity at all times.
- Welcome and engage with new employees to key business areas by leading a slick onboarding process and ensure principles of Information Security and compliance standards are met.
- Adopt an excellent customer service attitude with a problem solving and right-first-time approach when managing all employee and line manager enquiries.
- Share advice on employee benefits and how policies apply to unique circumstances, applying discretionary advice where necessary.
- Be key support on all People project and deliverables: e.g. performance management process; development process; merit and reward cycles; promotional activity etc.
- Manage all transactional elements of the employee lifecycle as well as contribute to and make suggestions for their improvement.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues across the globe to share ideas on scalable ways of working from an international perspective.
- Maintain compliance documentation to establish a state of “audit-readiness” and keep abreast of all data legislation and compliance standards.
- Update procedure and process flow documentation checklists as required.
- Contribute to and be a key part of a partnering People function with a “high-performance” culture of delivery and excellence within the team.
Qualifications or Key Skills Required:
- Possess an HR-related Bachelors’ degree and/or membership of a professional HR association- CIPD, CHRA, SHRM.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience; experience within a progressive HR environment, with shared service experience a bonus.
- Prior experience in working with multinational organisations or subsidiaries is a distinct advantage.
- An excellent communicator in written and spoken English as well as the ability to easily explain complex ideas. Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
- Deep understanding of Rwanda labour laws, standards and legal requirements.
- Experience in supporting and advising on Employee Relations matters.
- Expertise using multiple HRIS platforms.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and acute attention to detail.
- Disciplined adherence to confidentiality policies surrounding sensitive information.
- A high degree of learning agility.
- Works in a straightforward, collaborative and inclusive way and is non-political.
- Shows tenacity and consistently works in the pursuit to delight our business partners.
- Strives for excellence in all they do and always look to improve our service and product.
- Regularly seeks to turn ideas into action and injects creativity into every touchpoint.
- Questions common practice to challenge the norm and comes up with new ideas.
- A can-do attitude and a positive viewpoint.
- Takes ownership and always delivers against expectations.
Only applications received through this link will be considered. Due to the large volumes of applications we receive, we will only respond to the selected applicants. If you don’t hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
The deadline for application is 27 April 2021 at 5:00 PM
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2021.