OVC/Gender and HIV Coordinator
Jobs at:Caritas Rwanda/USAID Gimbika
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Caritas Rwanda is a non-profit organization officially registered, with the mission to assist people in needs and foster for the whole human being. Caritas Rwanda has 60 years of working experience in building poor families’ resiliency through Economic Strengthening interventions, agriculture, health, nutrition, WASH, and social welfare activities. Caritas Rwanda was awarded a USAID Cooperative Agreement: Strengthening Civil Society to Support Vulnerable Population (AID-696-A-12-00003).
Caritas Rwanda is an equal opportunity organization, looking for competencies without any discrimination. Caritas Rwanda, through the above-mentioned Cooperative Agreement and its cost extension notified on 12th July 2020 to continue implementing USAID GIMBUKA PROGRAM (funded through PEPFAR funds), is looking for a potential qualified, dedicated and experienced national candidate to fill up the following position:
Job Title: OVC/Gender and HIV Coordinator
Program : USAID GIMBUKA
Line Manager: Gimbuka Program Team Leader
Job location: Caritas Rwanda Headquarters
Period: One-year renewable basing on performance with three months’ probation period
1. PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The OVC/Gender and HIV Coordinator report to Gimbuka Program Team Leader. Gimbuka program has the overall objective of strengthening the social and economic well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their families. The program will continue to sustain the health and social wellbeing of vulnerable populations, particularly orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) and other key populations. The OVC/Gender and HIV Coordinator will be in charge of Health Promotion among OVC and other key populations targeted by the program. S/he will be in charge of supporting, guiding, and coordinating all activities of the program related to maintaining healthy all targeted beneficiaries and their families’ members. S/he will be ready to collaborate in this area with the field staff team and the Clinic-community Linkage Facilitators to build strong linkages between social protection programs and clinical care and will be in charge of capacity building (training) of both of them (staff and volunteers) and other partners (health facilities staff, concerned local leaders, etc.) to promote healthy behaviors and make appropriate referrals between the community and clinical and social services.
S/He will advise the program leadership on measures to be undertaken for improving the health engines along the program implementation to ensure the program is continuously able to put in place all adequate facilities/measurements allowing worthy collaboration among program stakeholders towards meeting all necessary requirements for beneficiaries’ safety. S/He will support the M&E team to design needed reporting tools to capture all information related to Gender and HIV. .
Detailed duties and Responsibilities
Program planning and budgeting and budget management
• Ensure prudent use of financial resources in accordance with Caritas Rwanda and USAID financial rules and regulations in line with the available budget;
• Coordinate the elaboration of plans of Gender and HIV related activities, budgets, and reports;
Technical capacity building
• Provide leadership to promote effective partner collaboration and a high degree of team professionalism especially at a decentralized level as well as CHAIN members on matters regarding Gender and HIV;
Program Implementation support and coordination
• Coordinate with other Gimbuka program teammates to ensure collaboration on all levels of planning and implementation and ensure the incorporation of proven-effective clinical interventions to increase uptake of health services into project activities;
• Ensure submission of team’s timely and quality deliverables, including narrative and data reports related to Gender and HIV prevention and treatment activities;
• Communicate with relevant district leaders and health authorities around health promotion programs that strengthen health service delivery, and participate in program coordination meetings at National level as well at decentralized level;
• Collaborate with the larger other Gimbuka Coordination teammates to set key performance indicators and targets for proposed health promotion interventions as well as the appropriate tools for achievement measurement.
Reporting and documentation
• Collaborate and provide his/her expertise to M&E Communication Coordinator and Caritas Rwanda Communication officer for overseeing the production of high-quality Behavior Change Communications (BCC) materials and success stories in accordance with existing standards.
Staff supervision and training
• Identify, develop, and assess health promotion protocols, capacity building plans, and interventions to improve the involvement of social protection providers in health promotion activities;
• Research and recommend technical resources and provide expertise on health service delivery models and strengthening referral networks;
• Develop methods and tools to improve clinical linkages made through social protection programs;
• Design and manage health promotion trainings for staff, Health facilities staff, Clinical and health linkage facilitators, teachers mentors and other volunteers in Gimbuka covered areas;
• Collaborate closely with the Program Team Leader, M&E Coordinator Data quality specialist for setting for the program plans towards the reach of set indicators;
• Coordinate the activities implementation both Nutrition and OVCs within the districts under her/his supervision;
• Basing on the program annual activities plan and the priorities of the districts under his supervision, elaborate the district plans to be approved both by the program director and district leaders;
• Work in collaboration with DBROs (field officers) for ensuring that annual work plans reflect and state the appropriate reporting standards;
• Prepare and submit to Program Team Leader with a copy to M&E Coordinator and Data Quality specialist the bi-weekly reports, quarterly, semiannual and annual progress reports of USAID/GIMBUKA program from DBROs under his/her supervision;
• Compile and provide time to M&E Coordinator the data compiled from districts staff related to MEMS reports in accordance with approved reporting formats;
• Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for USAID/GIMBUKA program’s next steps as well as to ensure documentation of program success stories
• Communicate activities, events, and progress to senior management, field officers, and other stakeholders.
• In coordination with the Program Team and program Director, represent the program in technical meetings on gender and HIV related issue;
• Participate in the elaboration of program performance plan, Program annual work plans, and districts annual work plans;
• Participate in the elaboration of annual procurement plan of the USAID GIMBUKA Program according to the planned activities;
• Participate in the Meetings organized by local government Partners especially at the district level as well as those organized by the program;
• Perform any other tasks requested by the organization’s hierarchy.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum required qualifications and skills
Applicants for this position must demonstrate the capacity to deliver results and a strong commitment to professional ethics and integrity. In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
At least a Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field is required, MD and/or MPH preferred.
• More than 2 years of experience managing/Coordinating public health programs;
• More than 3 years of experience working in health promotion in public health or clinical setting;
• More than 3 years of experience working with PLHIV, OVC, MVC, or other vulnerable populations in Rwanda;
• Working experience with international implementation partners especially with USAID-funded programs is a prerequisite!
• Familiarity with Government of Rwanda goals and strategies for health and social protection;
• Familiarity with community health programs in Rwanda;
• Familiarity with case management approach;
• More than 2 years of experience managing a team; a strong history of leadership and mentoring;
• Professional fluency in written and spoken English required; proficiency in Kinyarwanda preferred; knowledge of French is an advantage
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills;
• Experience with computer applications including MS Office and internet-based research;
• Willingness to travel 30-40% of the time throughout program covered zones and work flexible hours;
• Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments, prioritize workflow, adapt to fluctuating workload, and meet deadlines;
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy, and work well with a diverse team
• Flexibility, humility, resourcefulness.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their application documents written in English addressed to Caritas Rwanda Secretary-General exclusively to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] by September 10th, 2020 not later than 5:00 pm Kigali time. N.B. Only selected candidates will be contacted for tests. Done at Kigali, August 26th, 2020. Father TWAGIRAYEZU Jean Marie Vianney Secretary-General