Organizational Learning Specialist
Jobs at:Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RTI is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative search and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is part of a consortium, led by the Palladium Group, that works with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to implement the Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) with funding from USAID. GOR is currently seeking to secure financial protection and ensure equity in access to health services. RIHSA will support GOR with other stakeholders to achieve two objectives: 1) Increase financial protection by addressing barriers to domestic resource mobilization and health care financing and 2) Increase quality of essential health services at national and community levels. RTI International seeks to fill a consulting position – Twinning Activity Manager. The position is based in Kigali. The consultant’s work will interface with the project team in Kigali, the Ministry of Health (MoH), and remotely with the RTI project team based in the United States . .
Support to District-level Twinning Activity
RTI International, a sub-contractor to Palladium on RIHSA, is seeking a well-qualified consultant to lead RIHSA’s twinning activities. The consultant will work in collaboration with the larger RIHSA team and RTI home office staff to coordinate district-level twinning activities and provide technical guidance and support to ensure successful twinning relationships and district-level results.
During the period of performance, the consultant will:
• Work with RTI’s home office team and the local RIHSA team to finalize the Twinning activity design, ensuring that the Twinning activity complements other RIHSA activities, and contributes to key results in RIHSA’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning plan.
• Coordinate with the RIHSA team to map the districts that will participate in Twinning activities and match districts according to the approved Twinning activity design.
• Design an initial 3-day Twinning Workshop in coordination with RTI’s Capacity Development Advisor to launch Twinning Activities.
• Conduct a total of two, 3-day Twinning workshops for twenty District Health Units (DHUs).
• As needed, provide 1-day onsite coaching support in each of twenty districts to support twinning relationships and guide coaching activities to seed positive outcomes across twinned districts.
• Provide remote, follow-up, check-in, and coaching sessions with twinned district teams at regular intervals.
• Work closely with RIHSA’s MEL team to continuously track and report agreed-upon twinning milestones, results, and success stories.
• Masters degree in public health or a similar field.
• A minimum of 5-years health sector experience in Rwanda, preferably working at multiple levels within the health system (MoH, districts, health facilities, etc).
• Experience designing, leading, and facilitating training workshops.
• Experience working with HMIS data and data systems will be prioritized, though it will not be the sole focus of the twinning activities.
• Experience working with Rwanda’s accreditation system, preferred.
• Ability to work independently and move a project forward while collaborating with a larger project team.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, and either English or French.
• Coaching certification, preferred.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] indicating the subject line “Organizational Learning Specialist”. The application deadline is December 20, 2020; however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via [email protected] . Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.