Operations and Finance Manager, IMSAR
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equa l employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Improving Market Systems in Agriculture for Rwanda (IMSAR) is FCDO funded programme which aims to increase the income of poor households operating in targeted agricultural markets through adopting a market systems approach to attract investment and stimulate inclusive growth. The programme uses a combination of market development services, technical assistance and a short to medium term grants finance facility to design and implement innovative approaches to increasing incomes of the rural poor and catalysing inclusive growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Operations, Finance and Compliance Manager will ensure the implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver IMSAR in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, and client rules and regulations. S/he will be responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the programme’s operational systems, ensures that organisational processes are efficient and effective and guarantees proper management of overall finance and administration matters. .
* Be responsible for all financial, operational, logistical, procurement, human resources, IT, and accounting processes for the programme;
* Contribute to the preparation and maintenance of project specific components of the project operations manual;
* Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated, and escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required;
* In collaboration with Internal Audit/Systems Review and Corporate Operations, conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
* Maintain and build upon a project and risk management portfolio.
* Support the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policy;
* Ensure financial processes and procedures are implemented in accord with Palladium and FCDO requirements;
* Provide inputs for the monthly client forecast, as required;
* Provide financial reports to the Team Leader and home office as required
Human Resource Management and Recruitment:
* Manage project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company’s HR and Recruitment teams;
* In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to;
* In collaboration with management, ensure staff performance management systems are in place and adhered to;
* Maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants.
Procurement, Consultants and Sub-Contractors Management
* Prepare procurement documents and manage the procurement process for goods and services required to support effective field operations.
* Serve as a main point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
* Support development of project subcontractor procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
* Facilitate field office leases;
* Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes;
* Coordinate the processing of service provider work orders and invoices;
* Monitor and report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants;
* Ensure asset management procedures are undertaken and conduct spot checks.
Job Skills: Not Specified
* Proven experience providing financial management and administration for an international development project of similar size ~ USD 10m
* Proven experience in accounting, auditing, reporting, managing subcontracts or other sub-awards, with demonstrated knowledge of applicable regulations. This includes accounting finance, business administration, managing large budgets
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/10099?c=palladium&source%5B0%5D=reliefweb&source%5B1%5D=reliefweb