Jobs at:Simba Cargo Transport Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SIMBA CARGO TRANSPORT LTD .
Post of operation officer at Simba cargo transport ltd
• Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
• Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
• Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
• Select shipment routes, based on the nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
• Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
• Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
• Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
• Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
• Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements
• Complete shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, and certificates of origin.
• Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers
• Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
• Keep records of goods dispatched or received
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
• Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
• Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
• Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
• Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges
• Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
• Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
• Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
• Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
• Clear goods through customs, arranging for applicable duties, and taxes.
• Complete customs paperwork.
• Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
• Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
• Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
• Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
• Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
• Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
• Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8