Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Jobs at:Uzima Chicken
Deadline of this Job:
25 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Uzima Chicken Head Office.
Uzima Chicken ltd is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in the Country. We are a rapidly growing company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Uzima Chicken ltd is a National based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every family in Rwanda, and East African Community, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners. .
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring health and safety programs in accordance with HS guidelines in order to create a safe working environment within Uzima Chicken.
• Ensure that all activities carried in the Uzima Chicken are complying with environmental standards and other related compliance obligations
• Develop HS strategies which are in line with company priorities
• Formulation of occupational, Environmental Safety, and Health Policies, Procedures, and manuals
• Create awareness among staff on OESH best practices
• Liaise with other business partners including government institutions on Environmental and Safety related issues
• Ensure Good Hygiene practices are always at the acceptable standards
• Provision of regular trainings on all OEHS related matters
• Promote Occupational Health and Safety Culture with in Uzima Chicken
• Perform any other task assigned by the line Manager
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
• Must possess bachelor’s degree in relevant field masters would be an added advantage.
• Should possess at least 5-7 years working experience in a similar security & safety capacity or a closely related role in a reputable company/institution
• Must possess a good knowledge on using security & safety equipment including include Firefighting systems
• Strong sense of workplace safety requirement
• Ability to work for prolonged hours when necessary
• Should have excellent Interpersonal skills, communication skills; problem-solving skills, teamwork skills, Analytical skills, and multi-tasking skills.
• Should be computer literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software packages
• Having a certification in safety industry is an added advantage
• Flexible to work on Saturday when necessary.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply