Nutrition Program Coordinator
Jobs at:Partners In Health (PIH)/Inshuti Mu Buzima (IMB)
Deadline of this Job:
06 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Partners in Health is a Boston-based non-for-profit organization that for 25 years has focused on the health of the poor. PIH is now active in 10 countries, including Rwanda. PIH arrived in Rwanda in mid-2005 at the invitation of the Government of Rwanda and supported in part by the William J. Clinton Foundation. For the past 7 years, PIH has worked with the Rwandan Ministry of Health by building infrastructure, supplementing operational budgets, and training local staff at hospital, health center, and community level in three rural districts.
Over the past 10 years Rwanda has made dramatic progress in improving under-five child health. PIH has led several innovative Maternal and Child programs, including development of a mentoring program for health center nurses, and partnership with the MOH in national trainings in neonatology, IMCI and Malnutrition management, and women’s health care. However, malnutrition remains unacceptably high, especially stunting, which has not shown a significant decrease for the past decade. There is also a general need for nutrition support for patients with chronic diseases to ensure success of treatment. There is thus still important work to be done, including in building the capacity of health facility providers to manage severe and moderate acute malnutrition and PIH-supported districts in fighting against stunting. We aim to recruit a Nutrition Program coordinator who will be responsible of the successful implementation of nutrition and ECD interventions in Burera District. .
• Coordinate the implementation of all nutrition and ECD related program activities and ensure their timely completion
• Collaborate with other district partners, including District health unit, heads of health centers, nutritionists, CHWs to ensure ECD centers are integrated into other health and social services
• Collaborate in the preparation of annual work plans, which contribute to PIH’s 5-year strategy and Rwanda’s Vision 2020;
• Support District and nutrition leadership in improving and integrating IMB projects and programs with the District Plan for Elimination of Malnutrition (DPEM) for synergy;
• Work with the Nutrition program leadership and in collaboration with other Clinical Programs in designing and implementation of nutrition care for chronic care patients.
• Monitor program process, output, and outcomes of ECD centers through an evaluation and on-going monitoring of the ECD center progress through reports, in close collaboration with IMB Monitoring and Evaluation team and Research Department.
• Conduct home visits to assess family conditions of children enrolled in ECD centers with recurrent acute malnutrition.
• Maintains program/project records researches information, and gathers and computes various data.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Maintain flexibility and a willingness to learn as new programmatic areas are explored including nutrition care for chronic care patients
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above position, please follow the link https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FoVk5dfwh employment and submit CV and application letter only in MS Word or pdf formats. Applications should be submitted not later than Sunday December 6, 2020.