National Child Safeguarding Coordinator
About the Role:
The Child Safeguarding Coordinator will take a lead in driving our endeavors in this focussed area of work across the country office. The Coordinator will combine elements of capacity building and monitoring whilst enforcing compliance and accountability, management and investigation as well as aspects of advocacy at the National level. The post holder will also be expected to provide significant mentoring and capacity-building to Save the Children’s staff, volunteers, suppliers, consultants, associates and partners. The role holder will work in conjunction with the Country Senior Leadership Team and Child safeguarding focal persons located across the Rwanda country office
National Child Safeguarding Coordinator responsibilities:
- Child Safeguarding Leader and Champion across the country office
- Safe programming and Child Safeguarding Practice promoted across the Country and sectors
- Country roll-out and maintenance of training programmes
- Capacity Building
- Child Safeguarding Standards are applied throughout the country programme
Qualifications and experience
- A Child Protection or Child Rights Governance professional with a degree in child protection, governance, law, social work.
- Experience in child protection/child safeguarding practice in a humanitarian setting
- Leadership experience within an INGO or similar other organization working with vulnerable communities and children or with similar experience within Save the Children.
- Experience of managing as well as undertaking complex child protection/safeguarding investigations and or disciplinary investigations
- Experience of planning and undertaking training programmes/workshops in child protection/safeguarding at a range of levels (e.g. field workers, managers, senior managers and decision makers)
- Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrable commitment to Children’s Rights
- Ability to provide long-distance support and establish supportive relationships and networks
- Able to work in some out-of-hours and weekend;
- Evidence of professional expertise, personal development and learning in the field of childcare
- Experience of working within hostile and challenging environments
- Experience of work-related travel in challenging environments
Contract length: Open Ended
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT Policy
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
To apply; follow below link:
Deadline for receiving applications is September 13 th , 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*