Deadline of this Job:
24 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
National Advisor on MHPSS for GIZ Civil Peace Service
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
GIZ is involved in the Civil Peace Service (CPS) programme in 21 countries with more than 100 international experts and a similar number of local specialists. In the Great Lakes Region of Africa, the CPS is executed as a regional programme and covers the countries Rwanda, Burundi and the Eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). It supports local civil society organisations in identifying and strengthening local peace initiatives for social cohesion (outcome 1) and fostering youth’s resilience to manipulation and calls for violence (outcome 2). Moreover, it seeks to increase partner organisations (POs) capacities, sustainability, effectiveness and performance (outcome 3).
In 2014, the GIZ/CPS Rwanda introduced a refugee component and extended its interventions to Kigeme, Mugombwa, and Mahama refugee camps and their respective host communities. The component has two strategic objectives: a) promoting constructive dialogue between youth, leaders, and service providers for violence prevention in refugee camps and host communities (Outcome 1) and b) supporting community based psychosocial services for increased resilience and active participation in community life (Outcome 2). Within the overall framework of achievement of Outcome 2, GIZ/CPS would like to recruit a national advisor on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS).
Fixed term: December 2022
The GIZ/CPS national advisor on MHPSS performs the following responsibilities and tasks as well:
• Coordinate GIZ/CPS implementing partners’ different psychosocial approaches in Kigeme, Mugombwa refugee camps and Gasaka, Mugombwa Sectors.
• Monitor and evaluate closely the quality of the above approaches in the above refugee camps and their respective host communities.
• Advise GIZ/CPS regional programme psychosocial partners.
• Support network and cooperation within GIZ/CPS refugee component consortium of psychosocial implementing partners
• Receive, review and provide feedback to the project proposals of GIZ/CPS refugee component psychosocial partner organizations working in a consortium
• Follow up joint annual project design processes of the GIZ/CPS refugee component consortium of psychosocial implementing partners
• Assess the professional/technical needs and performance of 2 field psychologists in charge of the implementation of community based psychosocial interventions in refugee camps and host communities
• Strengthen cooperation among implementing partners in the field of mental health and psychosocial support in both Kigeme and Mugombwa camps and the host communities
• Support in establishing/strengthening networks and cooperation among service providers in the field of mental health and psychosocial support in Kigeme and Mugombwa camps
• Coordinate knowledge management of community based psychosocial approaches and tools appropriate to the context of refugee camps and host communities (reporting formats, psychosocial needs assessment, psychosocial wellbeing tools …)
• Support innovations in psychosocial approaches based on the cultural context
• Lead and update the application of community based psychosocial ‘monitoring and evaluation tools that have been developed by GIZ/CPS refugee component
• Support CPS regional programme psychosocial partners in assuring quality standards through training and technical input to a regional thematic working group
Qualifications and Professional experience:
• Master’s degree in Psychology or Mental Health
• At least 5 years’ experience in the field of project management, preferably in the field of psychosocial interventions
• Experience in coordinating the implementation of community-based psychosocial approaches
• Deep knowledge and understanding of international mental health and psychosocial support standards
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of mental health and psychosocial support activities with a focus on community-based approaches
Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French, both verbal and written
Other knowledge, additional competences:
• Strong skills in organization, coordination, network and cooperation
• Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Very strong motivational and social skills and excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 24th November, 2020 at 5:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected] The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,Rwanda
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!