Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Interpeace is an international organisation for peacebuilding that strengthens the ability of societies to manage conflict themselves in sustainable and non-violent ways. Interpeace designs and delivers its work tailored to each situation in partnership with local partners and communities, based on extensive consultation and research. Interpeace also ensures that the processes of conflict management and change that it supports are integrated at all levels of society including local communities, civil society, government and the international community (we call it a ‘Track 6’ approach). .
Planning of Monitoring and Evaluation activities
• Develops a solid understanding of the programme’s overall strategy;
• Develops and implements the programme monitoring and evaluation plan;
• Provides support for basic studies and research within the programme; and implements baseline studies, rapid assessments and surveys;
• Collects lessons learned, success stories, positive impacts, achievements, and case studies to be shared internally and externally;
• Guides internal reflections on programme progress, review programme strategy and refine programme implementation;
• Participates actively in Programme Planning, ensuring that Interpeace’s change framework and Gender Practice Note is clearly reflected in our programme implementation;
• Organizes and facilitates training workshops on the monitoring and evaluation systems, data collection, outcome harvesting and participates in meetings with authorities, donors, partners and project beneficiaries to share lessons learned, advocate policy recommendations, etc.
• Translate lessons-learned, both positive and negative and intended and unintended, into communication outputs for donors, partners, communities of practice, and the general public.
• Shares lessons learned with the wider organization to increase knowledge transfer and effectiveness across the organization.
Design, develop, implement and review MEL tools
• For collecting M&E data, the M&E Specialist will develop the standardized data collection tools for, among other purposes:
o Establishing the project’s monitoring-evaluation system, aligned with Interpeace’s overall approach to monitoring and evaluation to systematize the monitoring of progress towards expected results.
o Develop simplified monitoring tools that will allow for the collection of information related to project indicators.
o Organize training workshops on the monitoring-evaluation system to be set up with the actors concerned (especially the implementing partners).
o Ensure all stages of the implementation of the monitoring-evaluation system: Collection of basic (and final) data through quantitative surveys, conducting qualitative surveys of project participants, computerization of data collection and analysis forms, production of reports.
o Ensure the integration of the gender dimension and the perspectives of the different segments of the population in the development of different indicators.
o Organize baseline evaluations and compare results with mid-term or final evaluations. The M&E Specialist will monitor the quality of these evaluations from design to reporting by ensuring that all tools have been made available and are useful.
o Guiding the documentation of success stories to feed into reporting and organizational memory in collaboration with Rwanda Programme team and consultants; and supports the documentation of success stories to feed into reporting and organizational memory.
• Collects, compiles and consolidate reports from field assistants, trainers and consultants, and programme team.
• Produces regular monitoring reports focusing on monthly, quarterly and annual results and a comprehensive progress report on indicators and analysis allowing annual adjustment of activities based on performance achieved, the reporting formats, standards and procedures established in collaboration with the Programme Manager.
• Documents lessons learned and good practices during the implementation of programme activities.
The M&E Specialist can be called upon to perform other duties required for the effective running of the programme.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Candidates with relevant qualifications, experience, a tertiary degree, and fluent in English with working knowledge of French, are invited to apply.
Relevant experience and qualifications may include:
• Tertiary degree in statistics, demography, peacebuilding, international affairs, mental health or any other related fields.
• At least 7 years in the field of research, both quantitative and qualitative.
• Previous experience in quantitative analysis and familiarity with statistical software.
• Experience with an international Non-Governmental Organisation would be an asset.
• Previous evaluation experience preferred.
• Ability to conduct interviews and interact with a wide range of people effectively and according to high ethical standards
• Knowledge of peacebuilding, governance, gender and / or conflict transformation
• Advanced knowledge of the Rwandan context and
• Confident public speaker and presenter.
• Fluent spoken and written English. Working knowledge of French
• Good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook – Required
• Excellent analytical and practical problem-solving skills
• Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision.
• Collaboration and Weaving
• Drive for results
• Adaptability and Continuous Learning
• Respect for Diversity
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a complete curriculum vitae and a letter of interest to [email protected] . “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Rwanda” must be included in the subject line of the application email to be considered. The application period ends 17th September 2020, 11:59 pm. Please note that due to high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.