HPA Is Currently Recruiting A Committed And Experienced Monitoring And Evaluation Officer For Its Rwanda Programs. The Recruited Staff Member Will Be Based in HPA’s Kigali Office, With Frequent Trips to the Field (I.E. Huye) And Will Work Closely with HPA Staff Based in HPA’s Districts of Intervention. The Role of Being Recruited Is As Follows:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting To: Country Director
Working With: Programme Manager, Project Officers, Field Officers, M&E Fellow, and Team Members
Base: Kigali Office with Frequent Travel to HPA’s Field Operations Sites as Required
To Lead On, Develop And Support Effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Design And Reporting On All Projects And Programmes In Rwanda. This Includes Supporting The Evaluation And Continual Improvement Of Programmes And Community-Based Activities As Well As Supporting Project Reporting And Development. S/He Will Also Be Responsible for the Overall Leadership and Coordination of HPA’s Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy.
About Health Poverty Action (HPA)
Health Poverty Action’s Vision Is a World in Which the Poorest and Most Marginalized Enjoy Their Rights to Health.
Health Poverty Action Has Been Operational In Rwanda Since 1998 And Started Its Programming With The Now Highly Popular Urunana Radio Soap Opera. In Addition To This, Health Poverty Action Has Also Been Implementing Other Sexual And Reproductive Health-Focused Projects And One Project That Supported Local Civil Society Organisations To Monitor Rwanda’s Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper. Health Poverty Action Has In The Past 8 Years Expanded Its Programming Focus To Water And Sanitation, Education, Youth Sexual And Reproductive Health, And Gender Issues. Its Approaches Are Highly Participatory, Using Community-Led Approaches That Lead To Local Ownership Of Initiatives.
Main Responsibilities of the Post:
- Developing And Guiding The Overall M&E Strategy For The Program And Individual Projects
- Maintaining Ongoing Monitoring Of Projects Within Projects Alongside Other Staff And Partners, Analyzing The Data, Undertaking Frequent Field Visits To Carry Out Monitoring And Evaluation Activities And Maintaining Communication With Relevant Project Stakeholders, Donors M&E Officers, And External Evaluators;
- Support The Program In Designing And Undertaking Baseline Surveys, Midterm Reviews, And Final Evaluations, Either Internally Or Managing External Consultants;
- Capacity Building for Staff and Partners in Data Collection Analysis and Use.
Responsibilities and Tasks (Undertaken With Others Involved In M&E Design and Implementation)
M&E Design and Planning
- Work With Programme Development Team, Field Staff And Stakeholders, To Develop Project Logframe Matrices, And Monitoring Mechanisms.
- Work With Programme Development Team And Field Staff To Develop M&E Plans And Tools For Capturing Data From Various HPA Projects.
- Lead M&E Trainings, Annual Project Reviews, And Participatory Impact Assessments, Process Monitoring, Operations Monitoring, And Lessons-Learned Workshops.
- Guide The Process For Identifying The Specific Project And Programme Level Evaluation Questions That Will Be Used For Monitoring Purposes
- Work With The Programme Development Team, To Review The Quality Of Existing Social, Economic And Political Data In The Project Area, And Whether These Will Be Sufficiently Reliable To Be Used For Project Proposal And Baseline Studies.
- As Required, Support Situation Assessments During The Design Of Projects.
- Responsible For Developing Tors For, Design And Related Costings For Surveys And Assessments As Required.
- Work With Relevant Implementing Partners, To Review Existing Approaches And Management Information Systems.
- Guide And Supervise Consultants Contracted To Conduct Project Evaluations.
- Based On Project Budgets, Design The Framework For Implementation Monitoring Of Project Activities.
- Foster Participatory Planning And Monitoring By Training And Involving Staff And Partners In M&E Activities.
- Supervise One M&E Fellow And Support Him In Data Collection And Analysis
Implementation of M&E
- Overseeing / Checking Quality Data Collection Being Done By Programme Staff at All Levels.
- Conducting Periodic Qualitative Research At Field Level, And Supporting Programme Staff To Do The Same.
- Collect, Manage, Maintain And Provide Data For Regular Reporting On Program Progress And Support Continual Program Improvement.
- Review And Analyze Monitoring Reports, Whilst Also Proffering Alternative Strategies To Overcome Project Bottlenecks In Relation To Implementation.
- Work With Project Team To Develop Tors For Specific Project Studies Including Evaluations And Other Documentations.
- Support External Evaluation Missions By Providing Country Context And Field Relevant Information By Screening And Analyzing Project Report As Well As Giving Inputs On The Field Situation.
- Engage In Internal Studies Such As Midline Evaluations And Surveys.
- Organize Refresher Training In M&E For Project And Implementing Partner Staff, Local Organizations And Primary Stakeholders.
- Plan for Regular Opportunities to Identify Lessons Learned and Implications for the Project’s Next Steps.
- Assist In Ensuring Quality Control Of All M & E Products.
- Analysis of Project and Overall Program Data.
- Prepare And Disseminate M&E Reports And Findings As And When Appropriate On M&E.
- Support The Production Of Internal And Donor Reports With M&E Data Against Indicators And Milestones.
- Undertake Regular Field Visits To Support Project Implementation And Identify Where Adaptations Might Be Needed.
- Regularly Update Monitoring Data, Lead Discussions In The Appropriate Forums And In A Timely Fashion.
- Participate In External Missions And Facilitate Mission Team Members’ Access To M&E Data And To Stakeholders.
- Document Project Best Practices, Case Studies, and Success Stories.
- Design And Produce Projects’ Newsletters At Regular Basis And Update/Follow Up Twitter And HPA Website, In Collaboration With Colleagues From Communication Department In HQ.
- Strong Communication And Presentation Skills In English, And Ability To Effectively Communicate Over Skype And Email; And Discuss M&E With Non-M&E Staff In Simple Everyday Language
- Ability To Track Project Achievements Against Milestones And Targets
- Extensive Experience In Leading Data Collection And Management
- Knowledge In Project Management, Log Frame And M&E Frameworks
- Demonstrated Proficiency In Computer Applications Such As Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Database, Email And Utilization Of The Internet
- Good Report Writing Skills
- Knowledge And Understanding Of Rwanda Education And Health Systems
- Passionate about HPA’s Aims and Objectives.
- Previous Experience And Knowledge Of Girls Education Challenge (GEC) M&E Requirements And Type Of Qualitative And Quantitative Data
- A Degree In Statistics Or Economics Or In Related Social Sciences, Or Data Management From A Recognized University With At Least 3 Years Of Work Experience In Similar Field.
- Experience-Working With NGO’s On Monitoring And Evaluation
How to Apply
Interested Applicants Should Send Their Completed Application Template , By Emailing Personnel@Healthpovertyaction.Org Not Later Than 11 th August 2019 . Only Shortlisted Applicants Will Be Contacted.