Jobs at:Ngali Mining
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The mining sector is a significant contributor to economic growth in Rwanda. It has considerable potential to help reduce poverty and accelerate human development, through increasing government and community revenues, generating employment, and providing physical and human infrastructure.
It is in this framework that NML needs qualified and experienced personnel in the field of open pit/alluvial and underground mining of minerals
Ngali Mining Limited is a Private Limited Company registered in November 2015 under the Rwandan law, fully owned by NGALI Holdings and the latter being a public-owned enterprise. NML was created for investment purposes and improving the Mining service delivery basing on best practices internationally accepted. One of NML missions is to provide mineral exploration, evaluation, and exploitation/mining services in the whole country and beyond. Since 2015, NML undertook various geoscientific surveys and helped delineate and map mining prospects. NML has a broad range of expertise in geology, geophysical methods of exploration, and geochemical analysis of samples. It owns different concessions/licenses for exploration and mining of gold and gemstones (amethyst, sapphire, etc…)
2. EXPECTED OUTCOMES AND DELIVERABLES
Overall Job Description.
Carry out fieldwork, mine feasibility studies (open pit & underground), Organize local artisan miners and adopt appropriate mining methods and mining/processing equipment identification and mines planning besides mines restoration work. .
• Prepare work plans for mining activities and assessing the commercial viability of new mining ventures undertaking feasibility studies like final mining.
• Modeling or designing and planning potential mine sites based on the mining method adopted (shaft, underground tunnels, open pit, alluvium, etc…)
• Preparing plans for mines and environment management/ restoration plans; ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies.
• Listing and identification of suitable mining and processing equipment for small and large -scale gold mining.
• Providing consultancy and advice on mining and mineral extraction projects.
• Working with specialist software to support planning and mining programs.
• Planning for transition from surface to underground mining operations and Overseeing the health and safety of the site, particularly in relation to issues such as ventilation and shaft/tunnel support to avoid accidents.
• Reclaiming mine sites after the mining. e.g. filling in disused mine shafts
• Analyze and interpret all existing information on the selected areas in collaboration with local Geo-scientists;
• Work with the local geology experts on developing drilling and exploration plans;
• On-job training for the local staffs;
• Develop operations procedures, receive daily/weekly field reports from all teams and compile them;
• Interpret progress reports and propose the next stages for each site based on findings;
• Biweekly progress reports and regular updates to the Director of Operations Office of Ngali Mining Limited (NML)
3. DURATION OF THE WORK
The duration of the assignment is for six months, full time in Rwanda. There is a high possibility of a contract extension.
4. DUTY STATION
The duty station for this job is on mine sites and at Kigali during data review and reporting. The field works are on different sites.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic And Professional Qualifications
The Mining Engineer must demonstrate the following skills:
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Conduct his/her tasks with diligence and fidelity the responsibilities and missions;
• Dedicate the whole of his availability to the service of “contractor” for the execution of his/her functions, missions and responsibilities
• Excellent communication, analysis, and writing skills.
• The English language is required. French is a plus;
• The candidate should hold at least a Master’s degree in mining engineering with At least 5 years of working experience in the mining industry and highly implicated in alluvium mining and underground tunnels. Or
• The candidate should hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering with At least 10 years of working experience in the mining industry and highly implicated in alluvium mining and underground tunnels
A candidate with additional knowledge in Mineral processing and computer associated tools and/or Mining Geology and computer associated tools is an asset.
• Publication of article/book in a field relevant to this position is an asset.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The evaluation criteria of the candidate will be based on the information provided in the CV and the relevant documents submitted as evidence to support the possession of the above-required criteria.
8. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
• Letter of interest and availability specifying the available date to start and other details;
• Three (3) most recent professional references (institution or individual)
• A brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work;
• Financial Proposal specifying the monthly rate and other expenses, if any;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Queries about this job advertisement can be directed to the Director of Corporate services ( [email protected] ) or 0788301956
The submission of the application on this job is on 25th August 2020 at 5 pm. Please send your documents to ( [email protected] ). No physical documents are accepted