Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
• Review of Feasibility study of Casting components
• Execute production of large castings with no-bake moulding methods
• Establish close follow up with pattern supplier for new product development, Design alterations & reworks.
• Execute production of sand moulds and cores to the highest possible quality as detailed.
• Identify and execute reduction in fettling time to reduce the lead time
• Approve the Estimation of Tooling cost.
• Finalize running system for new products through application of software.
• Execute for analysing of rejection for taking corrective actions to reduce rejections.
• Review of departmental Objectives, ISO and policy deployment.
• Establish a system to maintain the Records, documents (ISO, OHSAS & TQM), and its retrieval.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Material Science, industrial, chemical or similar
• 5 + years’ experience working in metal casting or foundry related manufacturing. • Expertise in the basics of foundry technology and metallurgy.
• Expertise in the basics of Gating and Risering to design the optimized running system.
• Ability to study the 2D drawing for the feasibility analysis of the execution of pattern making & casting manufacturing.
• Six Sigma
• Expertise in pattern design and inspection.
• Familiar with the advanced technologies in foundry.
• Knowledge in cost estimations.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.