Manager, Network Switching System (NSS)
Jobs at:MTN Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Follow up and assist subordinates in troubleshooting activities to solve encountered network switching system problems.
• Transfer knowledge and experience to direct reports.
• Follow up closely all opened CSR’s (problems/ consultation) and projects with the suppliers.
• Manage the spare parts availability, monthly inventory and follow up on the repair and return process.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the Network Switching System elements (MSC/VLR, GMSC, HLR and MGW).
• Manage the implementation of switching system network elements (MSC/VLR, GMSC, HLR and MGW) based on MTN rollout plan.
• Manage the development of preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and ensure its proper application.
• Manage data change requests on NSS Nodes and ensure its proper execution.
• Plan and follow up on daily routine tasks (monitoring, health check, backup, handling NSS nodes, CSR feedback, …)
• Variable work pressure during day, night and contingency (Expansion, upgrade, reshuffling,…) • High-speed rhythm is required.
• Communications with other 3rd parties (Ericsson and international carriers) and other MTN teams (billing, IN, Engineering, maintenance, NOC, …) are required
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
• Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication or related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
• MSS/HLR configuration and O&M courses
• MGW configuration and O&M courses
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than 22nd February 2021, Through the job’s platform on: [email protected] or HRIS