Malaria SBCC Provincial Coordinator
Jobs at:Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
23 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women’s status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of a sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission of promoting the social-economic status of women and the entire family, PFTH secured funding from Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC) /Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU Malaria &Other Parasitic Diseases Division) to implement National Malaria Strategic Plan 2020-2024. The goal of the SBC project is to contribute to a reduction in malaria morbidity and mortality by 50% of the 2019 levels. The project will be implemented for an initial period of eight (8) months in the Northern Province. It is in this regard that PFTH wishes to recruit a well-qualified and experienced person for the position of “Malaria SBCC Provincial Coordinator/’ to support the implementation of the Malaria project activities at Provincial, district, and community levels in the Northern Province.
Title: Malaria SBCC Provincial coordinator (1 position)
Reports to: Program Manager
Work station: Northern Province, Rwanda
Duration of Contract: Eight (8) months renewable depending on availability of funds .
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant fields (Public Health, Health Education, Health Care, and Hospital Management, or any Public Health-related studies) with Nursing background as a plus. Managerial and leadership skills;
• Strategic thinking with problem-solving skills
• Team working and organization skills in public health-related domains
• Working experience of at least 4 years in Rwanda Health System including working with Health Facilities and Community Health Workers.
• Demonstrated abilities or experience in working with Local Leaders and CSOs would be an added value.
• Good planning, organizing, and public health communication skills
• Excellent analytical and advocacy skills are desirable
• Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
• Fluency and writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required for reporting purposes, knowledge of French is an added advantage.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software
Job Skills: Not Specified
Under the overall supervision of the PFTH Program Manager, the Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Follow-up closely on the Implementation of the Annual WP with regard to Malaria SBCC interventions
• Coordinate the process and provide needed expertise and technical support for the elaboration of budget plan, operational plan, and Results Framework related to Malaria SBCC interventions
• Ensure the Coordination of Malaria SBCC Activities (Prevention, Vector Control, and Case Management SBCC related activities) implementation at Provincial, District, and Community Level.
• Collaborate with PFTH Leadership and RBC/Malaria Program to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities, and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control
• Organize meetings with Local Leaders, Health Facilities Leaders, CHWs, and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness and implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategies at all levels
• Coordinate and Supervise Malaria Zonal Coordinators in the catchment areas
• Represent PFTH on daily basis in the province and districts of deployment
• Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria SBCC implementation activities in collaboration with the M&E Officer.
• Collaborate with the PFTH Malaria SBCC Project/Program Manager to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions at all levels
• Compile and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from zone Coordinators to prepare Program Review Meetings
• Prepare and submit on quarterly/annual basis the Malaria SBCC technical report to PFTH Program Manager
• Ensure close follow up of implementation of recommendations.
• Participate in the monthly and quarterly evaluation of Health Facilities and Community Health Workers.
• Review Zone coordinators’ reports and elaborate feedback and ensure that formulated recommendations are implemented;
• Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success
stories, to effectively capture lessons learned on the ground from the project
• Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
• Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned
• Provide administrative support as needed
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in hard copy to Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe’s office located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali or through email: [email protected] By 4:00 pm 23rd November 2020 N.B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
Kigali, 13th November 2020.
Emma Marie Buging