Malaria Provincial Coordinator
Jobs at:Society for Family Health(SFH)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Society for Family Health (SFH), Rwanda
TITLE: MALARIA PROVINCIAL COORDINATOR (1)
SUPERVISOR: PROJECT MANAGER
TYPE: FIXED TERM CONTRACT (ONE YEAR WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
DATE: NOVEMBER 2020
OPEN FOR: RWANDA NATIONALS ONLY
Society for Family Health (SFH), Rwanda is a non-profit organization in Rwanda. It is the largest social marketing organization in Rwanda, with five regional offices across the country. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, SFH provides life-saving products, clinical services, and social and behavior change communications (SBCC) that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. SFH’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the national and district level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. SFH implements diverse public health interventions in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, malaria, and maternal and child health including nutrition as well as Health Systems Strengthening. SFH’s activities range from product sales and distribution to social and behavior change communication, advocacy, reproductive health research, and community mobilization.
In order to implement the Malaria SBCC Strategic Interventions by CSOs funded Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC), SFH is hiring a Malaria Provincial Coordinator. S/he reports to the Project Manager. .
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MALARIA PROVINCIAL COORDINATOR:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the Malaria Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Follow-up closely on the Implementation of the Annual WP with regard to Malaria SBCC interventions;
• Coordinate the process and provide needed expertise and technical support for the elaboration of budget plan, operational plan, and Results Framework related Malaria SBCC interventions;
• Ensure the Coordination of Malaria SBCC Activities (Prevention, Vector Control, and Case Management SBCC related activities) implementation at Provincial, District and Community Level;
• Collaborate with CSOs Leadership and RBC/Malaria Program to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities, and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control;
• Organize meetings with Local Leaders, Health Facilities Leaders, CHWs, and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness and implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategies at all levels;
• Coordinate and Supervise Malaria District Coordinators in the catchment areas;
• Represent the CSO on daily basis in the province and districts of deployment;
• Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria SBCC implementation activities in collaboration with the M&E Officer;
• Collaborate with the CSO Malaria SBCC officer to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions at all levels;
• Compile and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from District/zone Coordinators to prepare Program Review Meetings;
• Prepare and submit on quarterly/annual basis the Malaria SBCC technical report to CSO Program Manager;
• Ensure close follow up of implementation of recommendations;
• Participate in the monthly and quarterly evaluation of Health Facilities and Community Health Workers;
• Review Zone coordinators’ reports and elaborate feedback and ensure that formulated recommendations are implemented;
• Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learned on the ground from the project;
• Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities;
• Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned; • Provide administrative support as needed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Master’s or bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Public Health, Health Education, Health Care, and Hospital Management, or any Public Health-related studies) with a Nursing background as a plus.
• Managerial and leadership skills;
• Strategic thinking with problem-solving skills;
• Team working and organization skills in public health-related domains;
• Working experience of at least 4 years in Rwanda Health System including working with Health Facilities and Community Health Workers;
• Demonstrated abilities or experience in working with Local Leaders would be an added value;
• Good planning, organizing, and public health communication skills;
• Excellent analytical and advocacy skills are desirable;
• Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams;
• Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software;
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the objectives of the project.
S/he will be outcome-oriented, able to manage multiple priorities at a time, and able to keep moving with minimal day-to-day supervision. This highly professional individual will be comfortable speaking and working in public settings.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in leading the coordination of SBCC activities in the communities.
STATUS: Full-time position, based in Rwamagana, Eastern Province.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT INCLUDE:
• Application letter;
• Curriculum Vitae (3 referees including at least 2 former employers);
• Copies of degrees;
• Copies of Certificates of Professional qualification and training;
All interested applicants who fulfill the required qualifications are advised to submit their application files by email ONLY to [email protected] by Friday, November 20, 2020, at 16:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.