GOLDEN PLAZA, 3 rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Why Choose IntraHealth Job Opportunity: Malaria Advisor
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. In addition, IntraHealth International is supporting the MoH to fight against COVID-19.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth/USAID Ingobyi Activity seeks to recruit a Malaria Advisor to support ongoing malaria activities. Reporting to the Senior Malaria Specialist. the Advisor will be expected to support Ministry of Health and Rwanda Biomedical Center / Malaria, Neglected Tropical Diseases and Other Parasitic Diseases Division (MOPDD) to plan and implement malaria activities through joint planning, coordination, supervision, and reporting. The Malaria Advisor will be providing technical support and supervision to all Malaria Specialists in zones. The incumbent will be expected to support these activities at all levels of the health system in Rwanda.
Specifically, the Malaria Advisor will support the following functions:
- Planning and implementation of malaria activities
- Work closely with the Ingobyi technical team, MOPDD team and senior malaria specialist, to plan, implement malaria activities at both facility and community levels.
- Support the design and implementation of malaria prevention and case management interventions ensuring they are realistic, appropriate, effective both in cost and impact, and aligned with donor and RBC/MOPDD expectations.
- Follow international guidance and evidence on best practices in MIP and support the MOPDD to integrate and implement those aspects into MIP interventions in Rwanda.
- Support zonal malaria specialists to plan and implement malaria interventions based on the latest malaria strategic plan (MSP), integrated malaria control guideline as well as latest evidence in malaria prevention and control.
- Strengthen community and facility level technical capacity to deliver malaria prevention and case management services, including the capacity to replicate, sustain and bring to scale successful activities.
- Work closely with Ingobyi community health specialists to improve delivery of malaria services at community level (ICCM and HBM).
- Reporting, learning and documentation
- Support documentation, and rollout of best practices and lessons learned including zero malaria starts with me initiative.
- Coordinate with Ingobyi Activity’s MEL team and Senior Malaria Specialist to ensure that the project meets expected deliverables in malaria.
- Work closely with MEL team to track malaria program implementation and surveillance efforts.
- Support program data analysis and interpretation and use findings to plan interventions accordingly.
- Prepare and submit reports on malaria activities and submit to Senior Malaria Specialist on a quarterly basis or upon request, in a timely manner.
- Performs other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Representation in technical meetings/discussions
- Represent Ingobyi Activity in malaria related technical working groups as needed.
- Participate in technical meetings with MOH/RBC and other partner meetings as may be requested from time to time.
- Present updates on malaria in internal quarterly technical meetings or as may be requested by supervisor.
- Actively participate in technical sessions to develop clinical guidelines and other strategic documents.
The ideal candidate is expected to meet and/or possess the following qualifications and requirements.
Education and training
- Masters’ degree in medicine, public health majoring in epidemiology, nursing, or related fields.
- Candidates must have a valid license issued by Rwanda National Council of Nurses and Midwives, Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council, or Rwanda Medical and Dental Council.
Experience and skills
- At least 8 years of experience working in malaria programs in Rwanda;
- Demonstrated understanding of malaria program landscape in Rwanda;
- Strong experience in supporting MoH (central and decentralized levels) in malaria programs in the country;
- Skills, knowledge and experience in implementation of malaria activities at facility and community levels;
- experience working with USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English and Kinyarwanda – French language skills would be added advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking;
- Strong documentation and report writing skills; and
- Ability to travel frequently within the country.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking : Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management : Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability : Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2021.