Local Resource Mobilization Consultant
Jobs at:Umurage Communication for Development
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
In support of Population Media Center’s (PMC) continued programmatic interventions in Rwanda, and in close collaboration with the PMC International Programs, Program and Partnership Development, and local NGO Umurage Communications for Development (UMC) teams, the consultant will identify appropriate funding sources and engagement approaches in support of PMC programming in Rwanda. The consultant will take the lead on and develop a strategic plan for implementing the following: Using PMC’s existing network and past engagements as a foundation for continued, expanded resource mobilization efforts: Identifying and holding meetings with potential and former partners and donors and Government of Rwanda officials to inform program design, including national and/or local health and social service officials, family planning and/or sexual reproductive health service providers, and other relevant stakeholders. Identify additional partners and programs and hold key informant interviews with those that are prioritized to explore and inform program design, as necessary. Building out understanding of funding potential in expansion areas of interest for PMC, which include wildlife conservation, environmental protection, nutrition, and peacebuilding: Identifying and researching key players and holding meetings with potential partners and program donors in each area of interest. Through these meetings and endeavors to obtain funding for PMC Rwanda programming, the consultant will lay the foundation for continuing PMC’s work in Rwanda. Should the consultant be successful in obtaining program funding, there is the opportunity to discuss moving from a consulting contract to a full-time employee leading the implementation of the new program .
• Within the first week of contract:
• Strategic plan for prospect identification, research, and engagement of shortlisted prospects, for the 30 days / five-month period.
• The consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables on a weekly basis:
• Weekly updates on key information learned and meetings scheduled, including the intended result of each meeting, to be reviewed by PMC staff before meetings take place.
• Meeting notes, including follow-up actions and timeline for follow-up, delivered within one week of meetings.
• The consultant may be asked to participate in the following activities, as necessary:
Program design discussions with PMC HQ staff. Drafting potential project concepts or proposal efforts based on discussions with PMC and stakeholders
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Required fluency in Kinyarwanda and professional proficiency in English; French competency also preferred
• Demonstrated experience and network within the international donor community within Rwanda
• Demonstrated knowledge of program design and proposal writing
• Familiarity with social behavior change communications (SBCC) and/or entertainment-education (EE)
Understanding of and commitment to social behavior change, family planning and/or sexual reproductive health issues, population issues, and/or gender equity
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are requested to email full, current CV in a reverse chronological format and cover letter to [email protected] . Please include ‘Rwanda Resource Mobilization Consultant Application’ in the subject line. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
The deadline for receiving applications is April 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM Rwanda.
Population Media Center (PMC) is a U.S.-headquartered 501(c)(3) organization with 20 years of experience in over 50 countries, specializing in social behavior change communications (SBCC) using mass-media dramas that lead to widespread, measurable change.
Population Media Center is committed to diversity equity and inclusion in all of its operations – in the U.S. and globally. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. PMC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.