Local Peace Advisor
Jobs at:ARCT-RUHUKA (Rwandese Association of Trauma Counsellors)
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwandan Organization of Professional Counselors ARCT – Ruhuka is a National Nonprofit making Organization, formed in April 30th, 1998, and officially registered under the Ministerial Decree No.97/11 on 28 July 2004 and registered by Rwanda Governance Board (RGB). The organization was started to support survivors of psychological trauma, through integrated and holistic services for prevention, care, and healing to facilitate recovery for sustainable unity and reconciliation, peace, and development.
is to lead the development and application of innovative psychosocial approaches to mental health services and strengthen professional capacity in understanding, treating, and preventing mental health problems for sustainable development.
ARCT-Ruhuka envisages a Rwanda where all people have access to integrated mental health services.
ARCT-RUHUKA operates country wide and intervenes in the field of psychosocial that contributes directly to psychosocial reintegration and building peace at an individual, family, and community levels through different projects, under four major programs: Training, Counseling and Clinical Supervision, Information Education and Communication and Institutional Capacity Building.
In partnership and with financial support from GIZ/ZFD ARCT-Ruhuka wish to recruit a Clinical Psychologist or Counsellor to work as Local Peace Advisor (Known as EFK) to support the overall psychosocial interventions at community level.
POSITION : Local Peace Advisor /EFK (Clinical Psychologist/Counsellor)
The purpose of the position is to support the overall implementation and day to day management, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities to achieve Psychosocial reintegration.
Key Duties: Under the supervision of ARCT-Ruhuka program manager, the Local Peace Advisor /EFK will be responsible for the following: .
• Will be part of ARCT –Ruhuka Technical Team (TT)
• Overall day to day management and Coordination of Psychosocial intervention in project activities
• Develop a detailed project implementation /work plan and provide professional progress reports including; formal weekly, monthly quarterly, and annual Plans and Reports.
• Carry out Psychosocial training needs assessment and identify existing gaps for building capacities and appropriate interventions.
• Developing an integrated and tailored training manual/madule for the training of psychosocial workers in Kigeme refugees camp
• Organize and conduct training of trainers (TOT), Psychosocial Workers, Clinical supervisors and peer to peer
• Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for ARCT-Ruhuka project interaction, that will help to capture project progress and impact over time
• Regularly monitor and collect necessary data and create project database
• Work closely with other partners to create synergy among different interveners
• Provide Clinical Supervise to theTrained Community Psychosocial Workers (CPWs)
• Receive clients/handle referred cases by CPWs and/or Community Facilitators for further professional counseling as needed
• Attend project coordination and other organized meetings in the camp and represent ARCT –Ruhuka as required
• Putting in place strategies to ensure high quality and professional services to the beneficiaries
• Create and maintain networks of relevant interveners/stakeholders for referral purposes , and maintain their database for sustainability of the project
• Create a data base with clear statistics, best practices /lessons learned, challenges, and strategies ( success stories /theories of change)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills/Qualities Required
• Ability to motivate people and work effectively in teams and partnerships with a various groups of stakeholders
• A person of integrity and trust worthy, transparent and accountable
• Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills
• Proven ability to develop Professional modules, provide training, clinical supervision, and counseling.
• Good interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
• Developed computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, outlook, and others
• Developed level of initiative, creativity, and able to work semi-independently and solve problems under tight deadlines
• Willingness to work and live in a rural setting (Nyamagabe)
Education and Experience required
• Bachelor degree (A0 ) in Clinical psychology, professional Counseling or other related disciplines with at least 3 years practical field experience
• Previous experience in training and clinical supervision and counseling is required
• Proven experience in a variety of areas of psychosocial and clinical intervention
• Prior experience working in psychosocial field is an added advantage
• Language Requirements: Proficiency in the English language is required (spoken and written); Kinyarwanda is obligatory and French is an added value.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit the following documents: • Motivation letter
• Signed CV with most recent experiences and at least 3 referees
• Notified copies of academic qualifications
• Copy of ID
The above required documents should be addressed to The Chairperson, ARCT-Ruhhuka ,. Documents can be deposited ARCT-Ruhuka Head Offices in Kibagabaga, not later than 30th November 2020 at 12:00 or by Email with all the required documents attached to [email protected] ;
For any other information, please contact us on telephone no 250 787104307 (ARCT-Ruhuka).