Local Peace Advisor /EFK (Clinical Psychologist/Counselor)
Jobs at:ARCT-RUHUKA (Rwandese Association of Trauma Counsellors)
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the position is to support the overall implementation and day to day management, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities to achieve psychosocial reintegration.
• Key Duties: Under the supervision of ARCT-Ruhuka program manager, the Local Peace Advisor /EFK will be responsible for the following: .
• Will be part of ARCT –Ruhuka Technical Team (TT)
• Overall day to day management and Coordination of Psychosocial intervention in project activities and budget in the refugee camps
• Develop project and its budget, according to the needs on the ground
• Develop detailed project implementation /work plan and provide professional progress reports including; formal weekly, monthly quarterly, and annual Plans and Reports.
• Carry out Psychosocial training needs assessment and identify existing gaps for building capacities and appropriate interventions in refugee camps.
• Developing an integrated and tailored training manual/module for training of psychosocial workers /volunteers in camps of operation
• In partnership with key partners in the camps, Select participants for training
• Organize and conduct training of trainers (TOT), Community Psychosocial Workers(CPWs), partners, Clinical supervisors and peer to peer
• Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for ARCT-Ruhuka refugee Component project intervention, that will help to capture project progress and impact over time
• Regularly monitor and collect necessary data and create project database
• Work closely with other partners in the refugee camp to create synergy among different interveners in the camp
• Provide Clinical Supervise to the Trained CPWs / volunteers as required, to strengthen their capacity, own/self care, and quality services
• Receive clients and handle referred cases by CPWs and/or Community Facilitators for further professional counseling as needed
• Attend project coordination and other organized meetings in the camp and represent ARCT –Ruhuka as required
• Strengthen and maintain good partnerships with key stake holders
• Putting in place strategies to ensure high quality and professional services to the beneficiaries
• Create and maintain networks of relevant interveners/stake holders for referral purposes , and maintain their data base for sustainability of the project
• Create a database with clear statistics , best practices /lessons learnt, challenges, and strategies ( success stories /theories of change) and provide timely reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Essential Skills/Qualities Required
• Ability to motivate people and work effectively in teams and partnerships with a various groups of stakeholders
• A person of integrity and trust worthy, transparent and accountable
• Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills ,
• Able to make clear decisions, and work with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to develop Professional modules, provide training, clinical supervision, and counseling.
• Good interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
• Developed computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, outlook, and others
• Developed level of initiative, creativity, and ability to work semi-independently and solve problems under tight deadlines
• Willingness to work and live in a rural setting , working in hardships ,
• Must be a resident, and near any of the camps of operation
Education and Experience required
• Bachelor degree (A0 ) in Clinical psychology, Counseling psychology, or other related disciplines with at least 3 years practical field experience
• Prior experience in psychosocial field is required and having worked in refugee camps an added advantage
• Previous experience in psychosocial training and clinical supervision and counseling is required
• Proven experience in a variety of areas of psychosocial approaches and clinical intervention
Proficiency in the English and French language is required (spoken and written); Kinyarwanda is obligatory and Swahili is an added value.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
• Motivation letter
• Signed CV with most recent experiences and at lease 3 referees
• Notified copies of academic qualifications
• Copy of ID
The above required documents should be addressed to The Chairperson, ARCT-Ruhuka ,. Documents can be deposited ARCT-Ruhuka Head Offices in Kibagabaga, not later than Monday 14th December, 2020 at 12:00 or by Email with all the required documents attached to: [email protected]; For any other information, please contact us on telephone no 250 787104307 (ARCT-Ruhuka)
Note: Due to the big volume of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for next stage of recruitment process. ARCT-Ruhuka is committed to safe guarding of all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities whom we work with, and takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Done at Kigali 3/12/2020