easyHATCH Ltd is offering a prime role for energetic, dynamic and seasoned professional that can seamlessly operate with minimal supervision and possesses a self-starter attitude.
The successful candidate will need to be fairly autonomous and approach their job as a business within a business ensuring that they can create their own leads and are technically confident enough to handle most levels of complexity.
You will be given the tools to meet performance targets by continuously communicating to existing and new customers, by monitoring their needs and fulfilling their requirements within our product portfolio. You will thrive in a multi-disciplinary team with an appreciation of the customers’ needs, requirements and differences. With your intrinsic knowledge of our product lines you will be given the freedom to exercise an effective and pro-active approach in problem solving, thinking in solutions and achieve those effectively.
The Microbiologist’s primary mission will be to represent the first line of defense against livestock diseases through diagnostic testing. Diagnostic services which will include livestock necropsy and clinical diagnosis, bacteriology (including food safety), mycology, serology, and molecular diagnostic testing, diagnostic virology and histopathology. You will be required to routinely perform surveillance for Avian influenza and exotic Newcastle disease.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Someone who is passionate, self-motivated and incentivized by the opportunity of being the master of their own destiny with the ability to produce their own income and results. We are looking for candidates that are able to deliver a consistent output that requires more management support and guidance than micro-management in order to meet their monthly targets. They must have relationship selling skills with the ability through probing and conversation to identify and create opportunities. They must be well groomed, well-mannered and speak clearly and professionally. Reliability, honesty and ethical values are absolutely necessary.
You must therefore be a naturally confident and engaging communicator who is able to represent the company with impact and professionalism with one or two individuals or a team, right through to a board of directors.
You must be self-driven, highly motivated and display a high level of confidence.
|Must have the following people skills :Communication Interviewing Presentation Proposal Writing Negotiation and Closing Relationship Management||You will be expected to have: Forecasting Accuracy Creative Business Development Thorough Business Planning Strong Customer Relationships In-Depth Product / Brand Knowledge Pipeline Management Industry knowledge|
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
Pre-requisites Skills & Qualifications
- Must have good communication skills (Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, English, French)
- High sense of organization and structure & efficient on time management
- Minimum 3 years laboratory analysis and monitoring.
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology
K ey Responsibilities
- Avian influenza surveillance through pre-slaughter testing of commercial broiler chickens, routine surveillance of backyard flocks, and testing of diseased flocks.
- Monitor and identify microorganisms
- Track microorganisms in a range of environments
- Collect, monitor and assess samples from a range of sources
- Follow regular sampling schedules within a specific environment
- Use a variety of identification methods, including molecular techniques, to test samples
- Develop new techniques, products and processes
- Develop and plan methods to prevent the spread of disease
- Work with specialist computer software to undertake studies and research
- Manage and oversee laboratory work.
- Planning and carrying out trials
- Growing microbe cultures
- Recording, analyzing and interpreting data
- Writing research papers, reports and reviews
- Keeping up to date with scientific and research developments
- Ensuring that data is recorded accurately in accordance to guidelines
- Observing high health and safety standards
- Plan and organise resources and activities
- Liaise with colleagues from non-scientific departments
- Provide information and advice to colleagues and external bodies.
- Comply with any other duties assigned by the Director/CEO
Key Personality Traits
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Numerical skills
- Analytical skills
- Teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must demonstrate commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Innovative & good problem solving
- Working in a multicultural environment
- Excellent negotiation & listening skills
- Very meticulous and rigorous
- Integrity and honesty
- Management and reporting on budgets
- Project management and implementation
- Information management & innovative
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Focused and driven
- The ability to design and plan research investigations and experiments
- Interpersonal skills, as you will have contact with farmers
- Communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and the wider community
- The capacity to manage a laboratory project and liaise with a wide variety of technical colleagues
- The ability to work well in a team and to manage your own workload
- Problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and a methodical approach to work
- Leadership qualities
- A good level of numeracy and IT skills.
An attractive market related salary will be offered commensurate with the level of experience.
easyHATCH will not sponsor a work Visa for this position. You must provide proof of the right to work in Rwanda if you are not a citizen or permanent resident.
The successful candidate will have to complete a 3 months probation period. If the candidate proves to be suitable then they will be offered a long term position.
easyHATCH will provide all the necessary poultry training.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 13th December, 2020.