Livestock Farmer Field School Technician
Jobs at:Heifer International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
28 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Livestock Farmer Field School Master trainer shall be responsible for day to day implementation of the project activities within the district. Specifically, s/he will be at the front line for the implementation of the Value Based Holistic Community Development “VBHCD” approach. S/he will be trained as a ToT to offer social capital trainings and technical trainings as well as project supported extensions services to project beneficiaries. S/he will facilitate formation and strengthening of SHG and facilitate farmer learning in Livestock Farmer Field Schools “L-FFS (Livestock Farmer Field School Technician)”. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
1. Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine plus a minimum of at least three (3) years’ working experience in the Dairy Sector of which, at least 2 years implementing Dairy related projects in Rwanda.
2. Must also possess a valid driving license A category.
1. Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Production, and Rural Development of other related fields, plus five (5) years’ working experience in the Dairy Sector of which, at least 2 years implementing Dairy related projects in Rwanda.
2. Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions, manage knowledge, measure progress, and plan and innovate within the dairy industry.
3. Demonstrate experience in conducting business, investments analyses, and capital budgeting and sufficient evidence on how the results were used to develop potentially viable business ideas and subsequently tangible businesses.
4. Demonstrate project report writing and donor reporting experience.
5. Demonstrate experience in project management including donor project budgets management.
MOST CRITICAL PROFICIENCIES:
1. Good understanding of the different agricultural commodity value chains in general and dairy value chain in particular.
1. Practical experience in Artificial Insemination services, animal health and nutrition is a credit
2. Experience in milk handling, storage, and transportation.
3. Experience working with women and men smallholder farmers.
4. Strong leadership, teamwork, mentoring, and coaching skills.
5. Proven interpersonal and communication skills
6. Proven track record in generating innovative solutions in work situations; utilizing different and novel ways to deal with work problems and address opportunities.
7. Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
8. Experience in farming, crops, and livestock is also needed.
9. Proven knowledge and skills on training and working with adults.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality,
2. Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity,
3. Willingness to travel extensively and using a motorcycle as the main mean of transport for work-related activities,
4. Ability to work independently,
5. Willingness and ability to work with a flexible schedule,
6. Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures, beliefs, and Gender Equality
Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda
Non U.S. Based Locations
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://jobs.jobvite.com/heifer/job/oWRRdfwB