- Company: Enabel
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
The new country programme for the Belgo-Rwandan cooperation 2019 – 2024 will intervene in the Health sector, Agriculture sector and Urbanization sector.
In view of the further development of its activities, Enabel is currently looking for an (f/m) Livestock expert.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Expected starting date: October 2019
Salary package: From 2.567.064RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
The Livestock expert will work directly with the intervention manager and assure his/her replacements when necessary. The expert will support the overall coordination and implementation of all livestock-related activities and provide technical leadership to the intervention in order to realize the specific objective of the intervention by covering all management domains.
Support the strategic and operational piloting of the intervention for all generic result areas and result area of a sector and thematic experts.
Support the intervention managers to assure that all management domains of the intervention are covered (content/scope, planning, budget, quality, etc.) in order to ensure a smooth start-up, progress and the results of the intervention and its contribution to the development results.
In general, (s)he will:
- assure the role of expert for the support to the pig & poultry sector;
- assure the needed technical expertise to assure the rollout of the specialization in the pork & poultry value chains;
- support the development of focussed extension services, monitor and guide the roll-out of the training components for veterinary services, support the development of norms and standards;
- Coordinate the knowledge building process and ensure that the results thereof are disseminated in order to stimulate a learning and knowledge-based approach.
- Rwandan Nationality;
- Master degree in Animal Sciences, Animal Husbandry, Agriculture, Agri-Business or related filed
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in agriculture/livestock sector;
- Experience in leading agricultural value chain and market system development interventions will be considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of private sector-led approaches to livestock market systems development.
- Experience in networking with donors, government officials and the private sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop collaborative relationships, especially in a multi-component project with multiple implementation partners.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills;
- Experience in capacity development and training.
- Proficient in Kinyarwanda and English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
- Good communication skills and a team player.
- Results and customer-oriented
Interested applicants fulfilling the above mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents including detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter, Copy of diploma and certificates, Past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 th of September 2019 .
Enabel reserves the right to close this vacancy as soon as a qualified candidate is found.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, August 30 th , 2019
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda