Rwanda immunization program is among health programs which contribute to reduction of child morbidity and mortality, having in the program 12 antigens administered into routine immunization.
The immunization information system has played a critical role in producing the information that guided strategic interventions to strengthen the immunization system. It is therefore important to have real time information that fulfills the criteria of quality, coverage, and credibility to timely address gaps and challenges.
With the support of partners, the immunization information system recently shifted from paper based to electronic immunization registry in the framework to enable the system to produce real time and high-quality data to support evidence for decision making towards improving the program performance and management. An immunization e-tracker software was established into DHIS2 and deployed in all health centers. Key users were trained and computers (desktop) were distributed to support data management
Since September 2019, the immunization e-tracker has been deployed in all health center and data are being uploaded into the system. However, day to day management of the system and addressing the users’ concerns have been challenging, highlighting the need permanent IT support to perform all the real-time trouble shooting to improve the functionality of the system and ensure the continuous capacity building of the end users.
Purpose of the Position
The incumbent will provide technical support for the day to day monitoring of the functionality of immunization e-tracker, provide necessary support for the improvement of the system at all level of health information system as required and support health facilities to improve data collection and reporting into the system
- Job Description
Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative Rwanda, and the direct supervision of the WHO EPI focal point, in collaboration with the Maternal Child and Community Health (MCCH) division the IT will provide support for immunization data management, ensuring the e-tracker is fully functional and end users are regularly updated on the functionality of the system. The IT officer will be seconded to the MOH/HIMS program and will work closely with vaccine preventable diseases program unit. The incumbent will remotely provide support to all health centers as required but also conduct field visit to assist with data quality checks if necessary.
Summary of Assigned Duties
The incumbent should ensure quality is maintained all throughout the delivery of the system, particularly in:
- Requirements gathering;
- Hardware deployment, hosting, and networking set-up;
- System/ data workflow management;
- Authorization workflow handling, to ensure it is handled in accordance with the pre-defined hierarchy within.
- Ensure the full maintenance of the system
- Develop reporting functionality, controls and validation and dashboard in vaccination tracker;
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot and resolve issues, develops and maintain up to date documentation, and work to escalate issues as per processes setup;
- Review of data integrity: provide assurance that the database design and structure provide the best possible design for the organizational needs and corresponding application and future integration needs.
- Built capacity of the RBC/EPI staff and district hospital EPI data managers and supervisors.
- Recruitment Profile
Describe The Core, Management Or Leadership Competencies Required
(See WHO competency model – list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.)
- Producing results*
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences*
- Promoting innovation and organizational learning
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond
Functional Knowledge And Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to write in a clear and concise manner and give technical advice and guidance taking into consideration the views of multiple stakeholders and partners in resource-limited contexts;
- Proven ability to promote consensus, communicate progress and results, and resolve issues in a proactive manner, while ensuring effective work practices and ethics.
Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position
Secondary School, Technical or Commercial School in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar with additional professional trainings/specialization in DHIS-2 and good knowledge of health information system
At least 10 to 15 years of working experience; in undertaking in DHIS2 customization and management and proven experience in DHIS2 implementation and virtualization platforms, software change management, user acceptance testing and end user training.
Extensive working experience in Health information management system and DHIS2 implementation at National and subnational level.
Previous experience with WHO, other UN agencies, immunization teams and health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or a non-governmental organization is desirable.
- Use of Language Skills
Excellent knowledge of English or French.
Other Skills (e.g. IT)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2 March. 2021