Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
II. Organizational Context and Scope Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. .
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Rwanda Chief of Mission, under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the incumbent following standard protocols, will assist the operations department with interpreting during selection Missions from Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili to French and vice versa. The incumbent shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Interpret/translate correctly and accurately from Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili to French and vice versa, as conducted by IOM Operations staff, with the following considerations:
• The interpreter must interpret to and from: the interviewer to the applicant and applicant to the interviewer, capturing the accurate meaning of the information provided and needed to be passed on.
• The interpreter must be capable of clearly expressing the statements and messages expressed by the refugees and the interviewer.
• The interpreter must hold with utmost respect/confidentiality any information shared during the interview. Failure to do so represents a major breach of the code of conduct and standards IOM adheres to.
2. Able to assist with directing refugees flow or minor messenger’s tasks, if and when requested by the interviewer and IOM operations staff.
3. The interpreter must be fluent in one or more of these languages: French, Kinyarwanda, French, Swahili.
1. Perform any other related duties as assigned by the IOM Operations staff.
2. the medical examination and dispatch of the medical document.
3. Perform any other related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed a Secondary School Diploma from an accredited academic institution, with four years’ experience in a similar position or
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
• Experience in providing translation services.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience in working with a team of multicultural backgrounds.
Required (specify the required knowledge) Advantageous
French and one of the following languages: Swahili and Kinyarwanda (Fluent) English
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
An appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for the appointment
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 02 October 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. https://www.jobinrwanda.com/sites/default/files/job%20details%20files/PHFORM188fbfafd4bf2b5f555056e57d9358da.XLS