Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
03rd September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Impact Division supports all One Acre Fund programs to generate more impact, wherever we work. We help the organization keep three core aspects of “impact” at the forefront of our work:
• Improving farmer livelihoods and profitability in the short-term
• Ensuring long-term profitability through sustainable agricultural practices (soil health, crop diversity, etc.)
• Addressing non-agricultural needs of farming households (energy, nutrition, etc.)
The Impact Division comprises many functions including R&D teams (innovation strategy, trial design, analysis, program design, etc.), central Agricultural Research & Consulting, and org-wide Monitoring & Evaluation. We also directly lead specific org-wide initiatives like crop insurance, agroforestry, behavioral studies, and nutrition & health.
We are looking for an exceptional communicator and collaborator to improve the Impact Division at the global level. The role of the Impact Analyst or Manager is to make the entire Impact Division more effective. Four critical components of this role are to 1) improve knowledge flow and management across the Impact Division, 2) improve communications, internally and externally, to motivate people around all aspects of our impact, 3) lead strategic research or operational initiatives, and 4) increase the reach and effectiveness of Impact Division leadership.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an extremely strong communicator, exceptionally well-organized, and able to manage a number of complex projects at once. You should also have a strong background in Agriculture or a related field (Ecology, Environmental Science, etc.), as well as experience with study design & data analytics. This role is an opportunity to take our impact work to the next level. You’ll drive results and shape our organization’s impact, all while enabling your colleagues to be better at their jobs..
• Improve Impact Division Communication & Coordination
• Goal setting and tracking – Help set and track progress against global and program-specific impact goals.
• Impact knowledge management and quality Control – Track past, ongoing, and planned trials and studies; manage results in an accessible way; drive design & analysis quality through internal peer review board.
• Maximize the utility and effectiveness of working groups in driving impact across the organization. Set agendas and work with participants for the monthly Global Impact Working Group and monthly Impact Lead meetings.
• Field team support – Keep your finger on the pulse of every team and make strategic recommendations for better resource allocation, work prioritization, etc. This could take the form of dedicated support to a few programs, or broader support and coordination across many programs.
• Motivate people, internally and externally, around our impact
• Increase visibility of and motivation around our impact work internally by partnering with our communications team to increase frequency and quality of impact-related communications.
• Improve external understanding and support of One Acre Fund’s mission via engaging visual representation of impact and systematic reporting.
• Lead strategic research or operational initiatives that are highly important to One Acre Fund and organizational leadership and do not have a natural owner within an existing department. Specific projects will depend on candidate’s background and interests, organizational priorities, bandwidth of implicated teams, and timing. Some examples could be:
• Innovation Research – Research new impact opportunities for expansion areas or for radically new/improved services.
• Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) – continually refine our CCA strategy, identify areas where we need increased investment or research, and take initiative to drive progress.
• Climate Change Mitigation – help monitor and improve our organizational carbon footprint.
• Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) – regularly review our ESG practices, make actionable recommendations for improvement, and support implementation where appropriate.
• Partnerships – Research or develop new partnerships that could unlock significantly greater impact.
• Increase reach of Impact leadership
• Support Impact Director to “win back” 20% of time to focus on what’s most important.
• Conduct regular prioritization reviews with division leadership to ensure we’re tackling the most important problems.
• Represent division leadership, internally or externally, when necessary.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Passion, motivation, & humility
• Genuine passion for continually, sustainably, improving farmer livelihoods.
• Motivated by helping others. This role isn’t about individual achievements but about supporting teams across One Acre Fund to achieve our common mission.
• Strong technical aptitude
• University (or higher) degree in Agriculture or a related field (e.g. Ecology, Environmental Science).
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to advise on trial or study design. Basic knowledge of R preferred.
• Genuine enthusiasm for learning and an openness to feedback.
• Strong verbal and written communication across a wide range of audiences – from non-technically-trained colleagues to external experts.
• Open listener; can develop trust of colleagues and teams.
• English required. Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or French a plus.
• Leadership & Collaboration
• Ability to understand motivations and capacities of different groups/teams from diverse backgrounds or contexts, to bring them together to collaborate effectively, and to capitalize on their relative strengths and weaknesses.
• Demonstrated leadership experience, whether at work or outside of formal employment.
• Strong organization skills and ability to “keep the trains running on time”
• Systematic thinker, able to track of hundreds of diverse tasks and initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly, whether working independently or implementing direction and advice.
• Other requirements
• High proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Power Point (or online equivalents).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply https://www.jobinrwanda.com/job/impact_analystmanager