ICT /Coding Initiative Officer
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full time staff, community mobilizers and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its team as ICT /Coding Initiative Officer on Fixed Contract
Primary Purpose Of The Position:
• The ICT /Coding Initiative Officer primary role is to lead the initiative in all sites in Rwanda, coordinating and leading assigned staff.
• S/he leads work planning and execution, staff and performance management, procurement and representation of the project. Also, overall reporting, briefs, and participates in planning and ideation for growth or expansion
• The position holder supports the Rwanda Creative and Partnerships Activator (CPA) in liaison with the UN and and KLAB national officials, as well as direct project implementing partners – KLAB, UNHCR, and ALIGHT. The position reports to the Rwanda CPA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Under the supervision of the CPA, in close collaboration with KLAB officials, execute the implementation plan of the coding school;
• Provide leadership, guidance to project staff, including performance management
• Lead for project procurement, and liaison with ALIGHT Operations unit
• Participate in design and implementation of a marketing plan of the ICT center and coding school in both Nyabiheke and Gihembe;
• Facilitate planning and delivery of effective orientation for coding school students;
• Assist in field coding school staff leave planning and play the interim role at field when coding school staff are away
• Support in preparation and submission of all required project reporting.
• Support ALIGHT effort in setting up project governance committee, and attend team meetings
• Assist in the orientation of partners visiting or working with the coding school (liaise with the camp authorities to facilitate any visit);
• Execute any other tasks as assign by the supervisor.
Education, Technical Skills & Knowledge Required:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Information Science, or other directly related fields
• At least three years direct or relatable working experience;
• Lead capstones, and manager software development projects with a goal to produce tangible results and deliverables;
• Proven work experience with humanitarian agency in Rwanda or abroad would be an asset;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced computing knowledge, application
• Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate in spoken and written English with aptitude in reporting are mandatory
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda required.
Key Behaviors & Abilities:
• Commitment to personally champion ALIGHT’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same.
• High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground
• Collaborative, results-oriented team member
• Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and manager
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Ability and willingness to travel and spend long periods of time in remote field areas.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified registered nurses should submit 1page Cover letter, and updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) - via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is May 28th 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.