Human resource and training Officer
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions .
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Training & Development
• Liaising with Managers and interviewing employees at all levels to identify and assess training and development needs
• Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programs or schemes
• Ensuring employees receive required training
• Designing and assessing training programs
• Delivering training of individuals or groups of employees
• Support management in monitoring performance with agreed-upon performance standards and in taking corrective action against deviations.
• Ensure all staff are motivated to exceed performance targets.
• Ensure each department has an annual leave-taking calendar;
• Develop a tracking system to ensure staff take their allowed leave days and advise team leadership on any challenge to ensure its smooth implementation.
• Ensure the leave application process is accessible and easy to use by the staffers, this will include the new process through the human resources information system (HRIS).
• Maintenance and updating of HR data from the (HRIMS).
• Be a custodian of all staff personal files by ensuring that all staff records are accurate and filled in their personnel files kept at country HR office.
• Help prepare reports from the HR database and HRIMS for data quality assessment and other performance measures.
Payroll and Benefits coordination
• Coordinate with the payroll team to ensure every new team members is put on the payroll
• Ensure every staff member has all the required information before starting day and being added on the payroll also ensures each staff member gets a monthly payslip.
• Ensure exit processes and prepare terminal benefits to the exited staff and make follow up with payroll teams to ensure deactivation of leavers on all benefits and payroll system
Other HR responsibilities:
• Staff grievances and complaints management
• Be the contact person to receive HR correspondences, and draft appropriate responses.
• Attend monthly staff meetings and offer HR support to run field related HR decisions and ensure its implementation.
• Maintain employee support and ensuring confidentiality
• Perform any other responsibility as directed by the Supervisor
We are looking for an HR professional with 2+ years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Relevant educational background; degree in Human Resources, public administration or a related field.
• Sound knowledge of HR principles, practices, labor relations.
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning.
Build teams and work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies::
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
• Computer skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected] ,
NB. The subject should be the position you have applied for.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 15th February 2021