Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
We are looking to employ an HR Officer with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The HR Officer is expected to be knowledgeable with employment legislation and possess strategic and commercial insight to the labor process. He or she must be able to negotiate with diplomacy.
To ensure success, an HR Officer should display excellent organizational skills, good time-management skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. A top HR Officer should possess remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills to ensure employee compliance.
• Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process
• Orientating new employees and training existing employees
• Monitoring employee performance
• Ensuring that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment
• Overseeing the health and safety of all employees
• Implementing systematic staff development procedures
• Providing counseling on policies and procedures
• Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration
• Communicating with staff about issues affecting their performance
• Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Human Resources
• Additional training/certification in Payroll Management – may be advantageous
• Labor Relations certification – may be advantageous
• Experience as a Skills Development Facilitator – may be advantageous
• Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution
• Knowledge of employment legislation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Protecting the interests of all employees
• Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.