Hospital Administration Manager
Jobs at:Leaders in Health Services –LHS Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
21 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Leaders In Health Services – LHS Ltd is an incorporated company, registered with the Rwanda Development Board. Its main objectives is to improve surgical care delivery in Rwanda by augmenting the Rwandan Health Sector with much needed ambulatory and elective surgical services through EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE, a Specialized Hospital for General Surgery, Trauma – Orthopedics, Pediatric Surgery, ENT surgery, Urology, Cleft Surgery and Neurosurgery.
Principal place of business:
Leaders In Health Services / Ejo Heza Surgical Centre,
Kigali City, District Of Gasabo, Sector Of Remera, Cell Of Rukiri 1,
Kg 636 St 3
P.O. Box 2416 Kigali
Despite our government’s major achievements within the health sector, the need for surgical services is still huge. University Hospitals, where most of the specialist surgeons work, must focus most of their efforts managing the most acutely unwell patients and patients with other complicated surgical conditions. The less acute and less complicated surgical conditions that are normally managed on elective basis have less and less room in the referral hospitals. They are usually scheduled and the waiting time is more or less 6 months. We are often finding that the long waiting times can result in the simple case becoming emergency or complicated – for instance, the simple inguinal hernia that progresses to a strangulated hernia. These cases then further impact the compound situation at the referral hospitals.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre offers an opportunity for surgical treatment to the above mentioned patients through ambulatory surgical services with extended recovery area for up to 72 hours.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre was opened to the public in July 2016 with a focus on the care of elective surgical conditions in the areas of General Surgery, Cleft Surgery and Trauma – orthopedics.
Since November 2019 Ejo Heza surgical centre was granted by the Ministry of Health the license to include other surgical specialties such as Urology, Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery and ENT Surgery.
In addition to be fully equipped with modern surgical and diagnostic equipment, Ejo Heza Surgical Centre employs highly qualified health care professionals in order to meet the needs of the patients.
To be the trusted Leader in caring for people
At Ejo Heza Surgical Centre, we are committed to providing excellence in the delivery of surgical care within a cost effective manner.
We are not only committed to providing timely individualized care but also treating both our patients and their families with compassion and respect. .
Service : We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients and co- workers
Patient first: The patient is our first priority in everything we do
Professionalism : We conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards
Respect : We treat each individual with the highest professionalism and dignity
Innovation : We embrace change and work to improve all we do
Teamwork : We believe that system effectiveness is built on collective strength of everyone
Summary Of Scope Of Work
• LHS/EHSC seeks the Hospital Administration Manager, who will be reporting to The Executive Committee,
• S/he must have a profound knowledge and understanding of all managerial hospital procedures.
• S/he will make work calendars and interact with doctors to accounting and keep supplies stock.
• S/he will have to use his or her managerial and leadership skills to manage staff and ensure obedience with rules and regulations.
• S/he will be responsible for making sure that our hospital procedures run smoothly. Working closely with the Executive Committee, The Hospital Administration Manager will be supervising the Chief accountant, Procurement, Store & Clinic Data Manager, HR Manager and Customer Care officer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Supervise daily administrative operations
• Manage clinical and administrative procedures
• Monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective alternatives
• Create quarterly and annual budgets
• Develop and implement effective policies for all operational procedures
• Prepare work schedules
• Maintain organized medical and employee records
• Monitor administrative staff’s performance
• Train new employees
• Ensure prompt ordering and stocking of medical and office supplies
• Answer queries from doctors, nurses and healthcare staff
• Resolve potential issues with patients
• Stay up-to-date with healthcare regulations
• Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints,
• Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
• Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g electricians)
• Organize and supervise other office activities (budgeting, recovering, renovations, event planning etc.)
• Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
• Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
Technical requirements/Competencies /Skills
• Master’s degree of Public Health, Public Health & Administration Management, Public Administration with general nursing or para-medical back-ground or related field.
• In-depth understanding of Office Management procedures and departmental and legal policies Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital industry.
• Proven work experience as a Hospital Administration Manager, Medical Directoror similar role
• Hands-on experience with database systems and MS Excel
• Solid understanding of healthcare procedures and regulations
• Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
• Basic accounting skills
• Familiarity with medical transcription
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to supervise and train team members
• Problem-solving attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or relevant field
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications must be sent to the Managing Director via email: [email protected] with “Hospital Administration Manager” in the subject line, no later than May 21, 2021.
NB: The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines:
Updated CV (3 pages max), including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
Notarised academic degrees.
Copy of medical insurance card.
Proof of employment history.
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.