Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) Officer
Jobs at:YUMN Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VACANCY FOR HSSE OFFICER
The YUMN LTD/HQ POWER project located at Mamba Sector in Gisagara District of Southern Province in Rwanda seeks to recruit a qualified and competent Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) Officer to be located at the project site in Mamba Sector. .
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support development of HSSE policies, plans, and programs
• Enforce HSSE policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
• Perform Incident Investigations and ensure implementation of corrective actions.
• Ensure compliance to HSSE legal and other requirements.
• Conduct facility HSSE inspections and ensure closure of identified gaps.
• Conduct task risk assessments and ensure implementation of controls to reduce workplace risk.
• Ensure employee HSSE training and participate in toolbox talk meetings.
• Identify incident trends, provide root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions for continuous improvement to the Company’s HSSE performance.
• Actively participate in site HSSE Meetings.
• Maintain records related to the HSSE management.
• Evaluate and monitor plant security programs to ensure security of personnel and Company assets against threats that include breaches of unauthorised entry.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
HSSE Officer Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree relating to HSSE.
• Valid HSSE competency certificates.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Attention to detail.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications including their ID copy and credentials online to the HR & Administrative Officer at [email protected] by no later than 8th December, 2020. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo an interview process.
For HQ Power project community, further clarification or assistance in an application may be obtained by contacting the following:
YUMN Community Development Specialist / Grievance Officer: Superiano Gatera – 0789 551 725
YUMN Community Development Officer: Cassien Harerimana – 0789 832694
YUMN LTD is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.