Health Informatics Lead
Jobs at:Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Health Informatics Lead for an upcoming program in Rwanda. The Health Informatics Lead will lead implementation of health information systems and ensure interoperability with other information systems. .
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide assistance and support to ensure adoption, adaption, and implementation of standards-based interoperable electronic HIS, to capture, transmit, and report outcomes from HIV prevention interventions at site-to central-level by index recency status.
• Lead development and enhancement of data visualization and its platforms
• Provide technical assistance to MOH/RBC to monitor and evaluate use of the national unique ID for patient record matching, linkage, and de-duplication while ensuring high quality data throughout case-based surveillance and EMR platforms.
• Develop innovative training for the security, privacy and confidentiality policies and guidelines that is integrated within workplace and existing national e-learning platform.
• LIS Implementation: provide technical assistance to MOH staff for timely laboratory service delivery, performance monitoring and quality improvement.
• Assess current lab practices and workflow for electronic data management and system architecture for interoperability with other electronic health management systems and surveillance platforms.
• Provide human resources training on the LIS software using cost effective and sustainable approaches.
• Ensure RBC/MOH staff have capacity and technical skills to maintain and upgrade the LIS systems.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• BSc in IT or Computing.
• At least 7 years of experience in health informatics.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply