Head of Supply Chain and Administration
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
" THE ORGANISATION
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
This position is on Child Safeguarding - Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and / or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ASRH Officer will work to contribute to an improvement in the overall health centre especially MNCH&RH including ASRH services of the targeted refugee population of Mahama Camp through the provision of quality Reproductive health services.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The ASRH Officer is accountable for provision of ASRH services, provide comprehensive antenatal care to pregnant women attending ANC services, provide postnatal care as per the protocols to all women attending PNC clinic, family planning and Post Abortion Care (FPPAC), delivery Room and Emergency Obstetric Care, infection control and universal precautions and health Education " .
The Head of Supply Chain and Administration has overall responsibility and accountability for the Supply Chain function of the South Sudan Country Programme, providing strategic leadership to the team and advising the SMT on all aspects of supply chain. He/she leads and manages the country office Supply Chain team and has technical oversight of supply chain teams at field level (currently 7 field offices), as well as Country Office Supply Chain staff based in South Sudan.
He / She will ensure that policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, with reference to the Core Humanitarian Standards, Save the Children minimum standards, and the NGO code of conduct
Job Skills : Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS IN SUPPLY CHAIN OR PROCUREMENT
• At least 8 years’ experience with Humanitarian or other development/aid agencies in supply chain management including significant field operations experience supporting both emergency and development programs
• Robust experience of INGO emergency programme cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure.
• Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
• Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
• Experience of building and developing the capacity of Supply Chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
• Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
• Experience working in conflict and high-risk security environments with complex supply chain
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. """