Head Of Supply Chain & Administration
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
04 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. .
The Head of Supply Chain and Administration has overall responsibility and accountability for the Supply Chain function of the South Sudan Country Programme, providing strategic leadership to the team and advising the SMT on all aspects of supply chain. He/she leads and manages the country office Supply Chain team and has technical oversight of supply chain teams at field level (currently 7 field offices), as well as Country Office Supply Chain staff based in South Sudan.
He / She will ensure that policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, with reference to the Core Humanitarian Standards, Save the Children minimum standards, and the NGO code of conduct.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant degree or Masters in Supply Chain or related field
• Qualifications in Supply Chain or procurement
• At least 8 years’ experience with Humanitarian or other development/aid agencies in supply chain management including significant field operations experience supporting both emergency and development programs
• Robust experience of INGO emergency programme cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure.
• Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
• Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
• Experience of building and developing the capacity of Supply Chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
• Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
• Experience working in conflict and high-risk security environments with complex supply chain
• Previous experience of managing and developing a large team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Excellent IT skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English • Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=57348