Jobs at:Madras Hotel Apartments
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Head Cook
Reports: Director of Finance and Administration
Our Restaurant is looking to hire a Head Cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position in three and/or four-star hotel/apartments is an advantage. .
Restaurant Cook Responsibilities:
• Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
• Weigh, measure, mix, and prep ingredients according to recipes.
• Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
• Check food and ingredients for freshness.
• Arrange and garnish dishes.
• Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
• Ensure that the kitchen area, equipment, and utensils are cleaned.
• Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
• Wow, our guests with amazing dishes.
• Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking
• Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
• Plan and price menu items.
• Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Head Cook Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Culinary school, degree, or foreign equivalency preferred.
• Prior experience of 6 to 8 years in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions in 3 or four-star Hotels/apartments.
• Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
• Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
• Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
• Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
• Male candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Note: Interested candidates shall submit their application letter, updated CV scanned with passport photo indicating names and addresses of three referees, copies of their degrees and /or certificates, and copies of transcripts.
The application shall be addressed to the Managing Director of MADRAS HOTEL APARTMENTS by sending the applications to the following email: [email protected] not rather than Wednesday, January 20th, by 22 Pm. Madras Hotel Apartments reserves the right to refuse late applications. Only selected candidates shall be contacted for an interview on Monday 25th, January 2021.
Done at Kigali, December 27th, 2020
Oreste B. Managing Director
MADRAS HOTEL APARTMENTS