Jobs at:Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture
Deadline of this Job:
05 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Tree Crops, Irrigation, and Mechanization. The curriculum is designed to incorporate threads of Innovation, Conservation, OneHealth Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts or assume positions of agricultural leadership .
: • Assemble pipe sections, tubing, and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, and welding equipment.
• Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
• Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures and prepare written work cost estimates.
• Study building plans and inspects structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
• Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
• Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
• Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
• Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
• Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
• Hang steel supports from ceiling joint to hold pipes in place.
• Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing, or mending broken pipes, and open clogged drains.
• Install underground storm, sanitary, and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
• Perform other job-related duties assigned by management.
Job Skills: Not Specified
: • A2 certificate in a trade or technical school or craftmanship training with extensive hands-on experience. Basic computer skills and familiar with Facility Management systems, inventory systems, etc.
• Minimum 3-years experience as a plumber in Hotels/Large Facilities maintenance and previous experiences within the plumbing field.
• Must be able to work as a team.
• Able to find the root cause of the issues and have attention to details.
• Self-motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach.
• Able to adapt to unpredictable events.
• Must be pro-active and reliable.
• Able to thrive working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://rica.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37&source=other