Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
26 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The GESI Specialist will work closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Lead, as well as the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning to ensure that principles of gender equality and social inclusion are integrated into all aspects of project design and implementation. S/he will provide programmatic and technical support to the project team, government counterparts, and other stakeholders on effective integration of GESI considerations. S/he will work closely with project staff to ensure integration of GESI elements in the M&E plan. The GESI Specialist will also provide necessary guidance related to GESI mainstreaming within the project’s internal operations and processes, including in recruitment and HR policies .
• Provide GESI technical guidance related to the project’s objectives to the CoP, DCoP, Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, and other key technical staff.
• Lead and/or collaborate with a headquarters-based Gender/GESI Specialist as well as the Research and Evaluation team to conduct a GESI analysis at the beginning of the project, leading to a project GESI strategy.
• Support the COP and DCOP to oversee the integration of GESI activities into the project work plan and M&E plan and adjust activities to be responsive to GESI issues identified during the GESI analysis.
• Provide technical guidance across the various components of the project to ensure GESI integration in project interventions and trainings.
• Support the MEL Director to track and report against GESI-related indicators and disaggregating data appropriately to analyze results within each project component (intermediate result).
• In collaboration with the MEL Director, conduct annual GESI assessments to measure progress and adjust and/or refine project activities.
• In collaboration with a headquarters-based Gender/GESI Specialist (if needed), mentor and train project staff, partners, and stakeholders, including Ministry of Education and Human Development’s (MINEDH) officials, on GESI integration and mainstreaming issues, tools, policies, and practices as relate to project objectives.
• Prepare and deliver training content on gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and curricula as well as safe school methodologies to prevent and reduce school-related gender-based violence.
• Support technical project staff to ensure that training materials and participant engagement are gender- and social inclusion-sensitive.
• Provide technical support to education system stakeholders on the quality implementation of gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe school methodologies.
• Provide overarching GESI technical support to project stakeholders, including advising and supporting partners to integrate GESI considerations into activities.
• Review and provide technical feedback on results and project reports required by funders to ensure quality and full compliance with donor GESI policies and progress toward achieving GESI integration in the project.
• Develop tools, frameworks, and resources to enable better GESI integration in the project.
• Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences.
Prepare communications materials that highlight the project’s GESI programming, successes, and lessons learned
Job Skills : Not Specified
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the relevant subject area(s), preferably in gender, social work, education, international development, or community development required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience designing, managing, and implementing activities to promote gender equality and social inclusion.
• Experience in the field of education, and knowledge of health and hygiene needs and best practices for the target population and age-group preferred..
• Strong understanding of issues related to gender equality in education, including gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe learning environments, and disability inclusion required.
• Experience ensuring GESI integration in project design, implementation and M&E required.
• Experience developing and delivering GESI-themed content in training and education materials as well as GESI-focused assessments, training, and organizational capacity-building preferred.
• Ability to navigate politically sensitive subjects and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit her/his vision to partners and colleagues.
• Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others.
• Experience in the education sector in Rwanda or the region strongly preferred.
• Fluency in English required; proficiency in French strongly preferred.
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
• FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree