Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
: • Complies with REMCO Safety Policies and Procedures • Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks by forklift as required.
• Loading and verification of outgoing shipments for accuracy and quality/quantity of part numbers
• Verify products picked to match the shipping order
• Ensure items received are delivered and put away daily
• Ensure material storage areas and receiving area is kept clean from debris and trash
• Distribute requested items to the production line in an accurate and timely fashion as needed
• Improve and maintain plant and outside yard 5S/Safety
• Manually handle product combining and sorting material from pallet to pallet
• Assist with yearly Physical Inventory
• Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
Job Skills: Not Specified
: • Technical diploma in production, mechanical, electrical, industrial or similar
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with forklift operation.
• Must possess valid Driving license Type “F”
• Ability to work in weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
• Ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
• Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.