Flight Operator, Rwanda
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
As a Member of Zipline’s Flight Operations Team in Rwanda, You’ll be Responsible for Ensuring that the Delivery of Medical Products to Health Facilities is done in a safe and Timely Manner. this Will Involve Working With a Team of Flight Operators to Conduct Regular Pre Flight Inspections, Launching, and Recovery of The Drones (AIRCRAFT). You’LL be Trained to Conduct Regular Maintenance of the Drones and Other Equipment at Our Site to Support Ongoing Operations. You Will be Expected to Contribute to the Continuous improvement of our Daily Operations and Processes to Support the Growth of our Operations as we Scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Launch and Recovery: You will be responsible for the safe assembly of drones in preparation for 150+ flights, perform critical checks, communicate with Zipline controllers in readiness for flight, launch and disassemble drones on return to the Distribution Center.
- Maintenance of drones and ground equipment: You will be responsible for performing corrective and preventive maintenance: scheduled or unscheduled on Zipline’s Aircraft and Ground Equipment. The maintenance includes but is not limited to Aircraft body maintenance, aircraft wing maintenance, etc.
- Troubleshooting: You will be required to follow troubleshooting guidelines for the drones and ground equipment and collaborate with locally-based and USA based engineering teams to troubleshoot and optimize issues.
- Projects: You may be involved in short-term and long-term projects that involve collaboration across functional teams in efforts to scale drone deliveries to 150+ and improve operational efficiency
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical/Electrical /Electronics/ Aerospace Engineering
- Technical Hands-on experience of 1-3 years in an industrial, manufacturing, OR powerplant would be a plus
- Internship completed would also be considered
- You enjoy working in the field and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 2O kg of weight over a 12-hour shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy work that keeps you on your feet
- Ability to maintain focus during extended daily flight operations
- Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues with complex, battery-operated machinery
- Extremely process & detail-oriented
- Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Must have legal right to work in Rwanda
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Must be willing and able to work night/weekends
- Must be willing and able to work for a period of more than 45 hours/ week
- This is a full-time position based at one of our distribution centers
Once hired you will go through a rigorous training program with Zipline Academy to gain a deep understanding of our history, our mission, our impact, and our UAS systems. The program includes a thorough Flight Operations training that covers different parts of our system and our drone.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th February, 2021.