Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IntraHealth is seeking one (1) Finance Officer for the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity is supporting the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The Finance Officer will support general accounting functions through management of the General Ledger records, processing of payments, processing and posting month-end adjusting journals, compilation of periodic project expenditure reports, and support the management of sub awardees. The position will report to the Finance Manager. .
• Review and process staff/activity advance request forms in a timely basis.
• Follow up with staff for timely liquidation of advances ensuring that expense reports from travelers are received within timelines stipulated in the travel policy.
• Check for accuracy, completeness, reasonableness, adequacy of supporting documents accompanying travel expense forms, ensuring compliance with donor and organizations’ policies and procedures.
• Ensure all amounts paid to the organization in the liquidation of travel advances are receipted and banked promptly.
• Generate journal vouchers for all approved travel reimbursement forms (TRFs), regional floats, and other forms of accountabilities and ensure that once reviewed and approved, they are accurately posted into the accounting system in a timely manner.
• Prepare a receivables aging analysis on a monthly basis ensuring documented follow-up of outstanding receivables.
• Reconcile the monthly balance sheet accounts for the Ingobyi Activity;
• Ensure any variances between HQ records and Field Office reports are discussed with Supervisor, communicated to the HQ focal person, and resolved in a timely manner.
• Compile monthly detailed Budget-Variance-Analysis reports for the project for distribution to the Finance Manager by the stipulated timeline.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly expenditure reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
• Process vendor payments and posting to General Ledger.
• Reconcile vendor payments monthly and resolve any matters arising on a timely basis.
• Process the Mobile Money payment to the participants and perform the reconciliations on a timely basis.
• Process declaration and submission of all statutory payments on a timely basis.
• While engaging the programme team, follow up for the timely cost-share data gathering and report production, review, and submission.
• Ensure that the cost-share policy and related donor regulations are adhered to reporting.
• Ensure proper filing of all financial records.
• Provide any other required financial backstopping roles to the IntraHealth Rwanda office as needed.
• Jointly, with the immediate supervisor, participate in own annual performance appraisal, identify own learning needs, and personal career growth.
• Perform any other tasks as requested by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a busy accounting department
• Auditing experience is an added advantage
• Experience in USAID rules & regulations
• Experience in the donor-funded organization is preferred
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in QuickBooks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• High integrity, honesty, initiative, and team-player
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Hold AO of Accounting or Finance.
• Experience in donor-funded organization is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
• Willingness and ability to travel within and outside the Kigali,
• Willingness to work independently with all stakeholders.
• Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
• Willingness to work overtime as required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1028/JobBoard/e2116091-25aa-2eb8-64d2-db11ee75b469/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2c03656a-72ad-4a55-a8ca-26b131f11525