RwandAir Catering Ltd is a fast growing In-flight Catering Company in Rwanda that started its operations from August 2014 and is providing catering services to scheduled airlines, private jet, and charters. RwandAir Catering Ltd aims to be one of the biggest aviation catering company in Africa in few years to come. As part of this strategy we are looking for interested, qualified, committed, and competent candidate to fill the position of Finance Manager.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Senior Manager Finance, Procurement, and Logistics.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of management accounts monthly asset in RwandAir Catering Ltd Financial policy manual and meet set deadlines;
- Ensure control over cost to avoid unnecessary spending;
- Prepare, monitor, implement and review budgets as required and directed by RwandAir Catering Ltd Senior Management;
- Over-seeing store management to ensure proper use of company assets;
- Hold monthly credit and expenses meeting;
- Maintain control over treasury function;
- Prepare the annual financial reports within the country in line with defined processes. Initiate corrective actions if needed; where appropriate finalise statutory accounts;
- Steer the process of elaboration of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements/reports of the company in line with internal and external requirements within the set time frames;
- Ensure appropriate general and stock accounting; secure correctness of payment, transaction, and document entry;
- Supervise and coordinate finance department’s employees under his/her supervision;
- Develop, implement and maintain an appropriate business information tools needed to support company business decision;
- Ensure the data quality and integrity of the local data in the Management Information System/Financial Reporting System;
- Ensure the efficient communication and cooperation within the finance and controlling network and with internal business partner;
- Ensure generation of reports and information based on ad hoc request;
- Ensure that the area of responsibilities is properly organised, staffed, and directed;
- Ensure timely declaration and payment of statutory obligations of RwandAir Catering Ltd to RRA and RSSB;
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of funding strategies;
- Ensure that he/she is up-to-date with all new taxes laws introduced by tax authority that will affect RwandAir Catering Ltd;
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the company.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely & accurate preparation of financial reports that reflect a true and fair view.
- Compliance with accounting & financial reporting standards.
- Develop a Succession Planning policy for Finance Department.
- Reports in accordance with requirements
- Reports within the set time frames
- Be a Rwandan national
- Minimum 3-years relevant experience in supervisory role in finance or auditing
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
- Relevant professional Accounting qualifications (ACCA, CPA, or any other equivalent). The Minimum is candidates doing the last part of professional qualification courses.
- Strong people and process management skills.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
- Excellent skills at developing concepts, ensuring documentation.
- Excellent internal/ external customer skills and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Safety oriented
- Customer Focus
- Team Orientation
- Attention to details
- Efficient, Economic, and Effective management of financial resources.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting standards.
How to apply
If you meet all the above criteria, send in your CV together with a cover letter including a statement describing your suitability for the position ( all in English ) and 3 names of referees at [email protected] not later than 25 th April 2021 .