KIGALI, RWANDA /
SUPPORT SERVICES – FINANCE /
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians, and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate, and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Background of babyl
babyl is Rwanda’s first full-service mobile health provider. Founded in the UK as Babylon Health to bring cutting-edge science and computer engineering to the healthcare industry, the ultimate aim of the company is to give everyone in the world access to high quality, affordable care. Through the use of artificially intelligent triage, digital doctor consultations, and prescriptions through mobile devices, babyl has delivered over 1 million consultations and registered over 2 million users since it came to Rwanda in 2016.
We are rapidly expanding regionally and globally to be the world leader in AI-driven digital medicine. At babyl our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
The Finance Manager will support the babyl mission by overseeing all financial aspects of the business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning. The goal is to enable the company’s leadership to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Ensure the planning, centralization, and coordination of the financial transactions, accountants, and related administrative services;
- Participate in budget preparation for action plans and different projects
- Prepare accurate project budgets; track expenses; oversee payroll, benefits, and reimbursements; ensure that required project financial controls and cost performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to; prevent over-expenditure of budgets; ensure proper safeguards of funds;
- Produce annual financial reports and statements certified and agreed with externals auditors into agreed timescales to comply with the requirements of the company
- Supervise the treatment of salaries to assure the respect of liabilities of regulations relating to taxes on remunerations and social security;
- Centralize and verify the use of bank accounts of the organization;
- Prepare the financial reports of the organization regularly: monthly, quarterly, and annually according to the administrative and financial procedures of the organization; Proceed to the monthly control of bank statement and bank reconciliation; File all documents and justifications of the financial operations
- Oversee local procurement and execute all approved payments for local vendors, contractors, and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with the laws and regulations of the company;
- Carry out any other task as assigned by his/her supervisor towards the company’s interest/objectives.?
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
The deadline for application is 04 th January 2021.
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd January, 2021.