Jobs at:Empower Rwanda (ER)
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Gatsibo , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Empower Rwanda’s Mission is to empower the most vulnerable women and Youth in Rwanda for their academic and socio-economic development through enhancing access to quality education and health; social and economic empowerment and advocacy interventions.
Empower Rwanda exists to have empowered women and youth with knowledge and skills to impact their lives and communities.
Job Title: Field Officer
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Gatsibo District
Duration : May-December 2021 renewable upon performance & availability of funds
Empower Rwanda (ER) is a Women-led local Non-Governmental Organization whose vision is to have empowered women and youth with knowledge and skills to impact their lives and communities and a mission to empower the most vulnerable women and youth in Rwanda for their academic and socio-economic development through enhancing access to quality education and health; social and economic empowerment and advocacy interventions.
With the funding from Kvinna till Kvinna, Empower Rwanda would like to recruit 1 Field Officer in the framework of the “HER VOICE HER RIGHT” Project implemented in Nyagatare and Gatsibo districts.
The overall objective of the “HER VOICE HER RIGHT” Project is to empower teen mothers with knowledge and skills to claim their sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) and promote their active participation in Gender-Based Violence (GBV) prevention. The project also aims to increase duty bearer’s accountability to GBV prevention and understanding of SRHR.
The Field Officer will work and act as a link between local government, teen mothers, and different stakeholders to provide trainings on SRHR and organize community/district dialogues on GBV prevention with different stakeholders under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
• Overall coordination, management of project activities planned on the year 2021 in Gatsibo district according to the work plan to produce the envisaged outputs;
• Develop an operational plan in line with the approved budget and Kvinna till Kvinna requirements and ensure the project is delivered according to action plan;
• Develop internal progress narrative report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and any other substantial report required by partners and Donors;
• Ensure high-quality monitoring and evaluation of the project in line with Kvinna till Kvinna guidelines;
• Work closely with Empower Rwanda’s Country Director for any strategic guidance and Accountant to ensure quality financial reporting and audits as well as implementation;
• Make monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and submit them to her/his supervisor so as to align them with the expected project outcomes;
• Monitor project progress; oversee the management of logistics, local finance in keeping with accounting guidelines;
• Securing proper use of project budget;
• Identification and resolution of implementation problems with the guidance of project document;
• Organize and train Rights Holders on SRHR and GBV prevention
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Gender Studies and Business Administration other related domains and at least 2 years of experience in training on SRHR and fighting Gender-Based Violence.
• Experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
• Experience in writing progress and annual reports in English
• Must be a Rwandan National
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda both oral and written, knowing French is an added advantage
• Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have excellent organizational and leadership qualities
• Establishing and maintain working relationships with local structures, Project’s Rights Holders and stakeholders
• Able to work independently and under pressure
Ready to start on 01st June 2021
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] not later than 25th May 2021, 5 pm.
Applications should be addressed to the Country Director
Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position
Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names
Copy of ID and additional certificates if any.