Jobs at:Mulindi Factory Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
04 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Farm Manager
Position Reports To Field Manager
Position Responsible For: Agronomists
Reporting to the Field Manager, the farm manager is responsible for effective planning, control, and monitoring of tea plantation activities in order to achieve desired green leaf quality and maximum productivity at minimum cost. The role is also responsible for the liaison with farmers and factory management. .
• Quality service to farmers and other stakeholders
• Securing an adequate number of pluckers and their management to achieve the right productivity level and quality of green leaf
• Improved yield/production per unit area/bush
• Consistent supply of acceptable quality of green leaf to the processing unit through proper management of entire GL logistic
• Timely delivery of plucked green leaf to the factory
• Effective mobilization and utilization of resources
• Deliver the business targets aligned to the KPIs – Volume, cost, and quality
• Increase yield per unit of a hectare in assigned tea plantations at minimum cost.
• Deliver green leaf of acceptable quality
• Ensure effective crop husbandry in the farm in order to maximize yield per unit area/bush
• Liaise with research institutions on experiments and trials of crops in the farm
• Ensure control and monitoring of green leaf logistics processes are running smoothly
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory, legal, and other requirements as may be required.
• Maintain accurate records, preparing, and presenting reports as required
• Ensure the effective and efficient utilization of farm inputs
• Prepare seedlings (tea and trees)/planting materials for the farm in a timely manner
• Inspect the access roads within the farm and ensuring timely repairs are carried out.
• Recruit, instruct, and supervise farmworkers
• Train and develop agronomists and other plantation workers on tea harvesting and other agronomic practices
• Supervise, appraise staff and identify their development and training needs on a regular basis and coordinating the trainings while ensuring achievement of set targets.
• Communicate all company policies and procedures to the field (farmers and staff) and manage any arising industrial relations.
• Participate in farmers’ monthly and quarterly review meetings
• Prepare budgets and control farm costs
• Support implementation of certification programs e.g. Rainforest alliance, Food safety, etc
• Ensure health and safety for all employees at all times.
• Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Undergraduate Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agribusiness, or an equivalent Agricultural Science related field.
• At least five (5) years of professional experience in managing field services, 2 of which should be in farm management.
• Smallholder experience shall be an added advantage
• Strong practical understanding of new planting, tea agronomy, and production logistics
• Ability to work in rural settings and communicate effectively across cultural divides.
• Ability to develop, retain, and manage an effective team.
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
• Must be computer literate
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with good proficiency in spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) by using the" link https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=33454 below not later than 4th November 2020.