Family Planning, Social Behavior Change Specialist
Jobs at:Caritas Rwanda/SG
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Social and Behavior Change Specialist will part of the Members of CARITAS Rwanda project team based in Kigali, with frequent visits to assigned Dioceses. The Incumbent will work closely with Diocesan based staff, Catholic co-Managed Health Facilities, Districts and local community organizations and others to implement FP interventions aiming to the increase of uptake of Family Planning. The Social and Behavior Change Specialist will work under direct supervision of Caritas Rwanda Health Director to provide technical assistance to design, implement, coordinate and monitor Social Behaviour change interventions.
Job vacancy summary:
Position : Family Planning, Social Behavior Change Specialist
Line Manager : Caritas Rwanda Health Director
Job Location : Kigali with frequent field visits to Project implementation zones.
Duration of Contract: One-year renewable based on performance and availability of Funds
Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate to different planning processes including (Annual Work Plan and Budget)
• Be part of coordinating team to provide needed expertise and technical support for the elaboration of operational and budget plans
• Together with Project team, will carry out a rapid capacity needs assessment among selected Health Facilities staff on SBC techniques and approaches (if necessary).
• In collaboration with Diocesan Medical Coordinator and Family Planning in charge,
• Organize and conduct trainings of HFs staff to address the identified gaps.
• Follow-up closely the implementation progress of the annual work plan with regard to Family planning SBC interventions.
• Work closely with Medical Coordinators and in charge of Family Planning based in assigned Dioceses to ensure smooth implementation of planned activities.
• Carry out regular monitoring field visits to assess the implementation progress, challenges faced and propose remedial actions.
• Participate in joint project field visits activities aiming at taking stock on the project implementation status.
• Ensure effective participation of local and religious leaders, youth volunteers, quality improvement committees in the project implementation especially during community mobilization events/meetings.
• Together with Diocesan CARITAS staff, SBC Specialist will review the current referral system of FP new acceptors/users and propose a new and improved referral system mechanism.
• Analyze FP reports received from Diocesan CARITAS Team and Health Facilities and propose key proposed actions.
• Provide projects reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) to Caritas Rwanda
• Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
• Carry out any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum required qualifications and skills
Candidates for this position must demonstrate capacity to deliver results, and a strong commitment to professional ethics and integrity. In addition he/she must meet the following requirements:
Education and Skills
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Social Sciences, Arts, Management and Health Sciences)
• At least 7 years with proven working experiences in the areas of Community mobilization and Behavior Change.
• Be familiar with working with local NGOs, Faith based Organizations (FBOs) Public institutions especially Local Government entities (Districts, Sectors…etc.)
• Having experience in strategic planning, project management, Monitoring & Evaluation in donor’s funded projects especially in health domain.
• Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested Candidates should submit their application documents (CV/Resume and Motivation letter) addressed to Caritas Rwanda Secretary General exclusively to [email protected] by June 2, 2021 and not later than 5:00pm Kigali time.